Urban infrastructures dedicated to energy and environmental transition: Green Solutions Awards workshop at World Efficiency
World Efficiency, the premer international meeting for the low-carbon and resource-efficient economy, will take place from 12th to 14th December 2017 in Paris (porte de Versailles). During those 3 days, Construction21 will present 6 French and international Green Solutions Awards finalists and/or winners. Two workshops of 45 minutes each will be organized, one dedicated to Districts and the other one to Infrastructures.
- The workshop dedicated to Infrastructures finalists will take place on the 12th of December at 3:30 pm (Africa space)
- The workshop dedicated to Districts finalists will take place on the 13th of December at 2:30 pm (Asia space)
Workshop 1 - Green Solutions Awards: Urban infrastructures dedicated to energy and environmental transition
Urban services and infrastructures fully contribute to the environmental and energy transition of territories. Construction21 invites you to meet project holders of three particularly remarkable projects from Brazil, Tanzania and France, distinguished by the Green Solutions Awards 2017. Take this opportunity to broaden your perspective on sustainability. Room for Q&A with the audience at the end of the workshop.
The 3 projects :
- Filtering gardens© - Rio de Janeiro (Brazil): These gardens are a wastewater and rainwater management system for an industrial building. Their process is based on a natural biotechnology developed by Phytorestore. Waters pass through a series of ponds filled with specific local substrates and plants that enable the removal of pollutants while recreating natural plant landscapes. This process is also applicable to the treatment of rivers and lakes. This filtering solution allows the L'Oréal plant in Rio de Janeiro to treat its industrial effluents.
Watch the video of this international winner!
- Thassalia – Marseille (France): As the first marine geothermal power station in France, Thassalia uses marine energy to provide some of the buildings in the Euroméditerrannée district, with heat and cold. With more than 40% of the world population living less than 100km away from the sea, marine geothermal energy has a very high reproducibility potential and constitutes an extremely relevant solution for the energy transition of urban areas.
- Solar microgrid power for rural school electrification (Mpwapwa – Tanzanie): This solar microgrid supplies power to the rooms of a primary school as well as staff houses and public lighting. Developed and installed for 2 years by Sustenersol Company Limited in partnership with ZeroBase Energy, this project was specifically designed for the electrification of rural areas not connected to the electric grid and requires almost no maintenance.
Construction21 will be at World Efficiency on December 12 and 13 on:
- the HQE-GBC Alliance stand (H09)
- the InnoEnergy pitch-ring where 5 start-ups will present their innovations (C31)
- World Efficiency website
- Winners of the Green Solutions Awards: their solutions to limit global warming
- Watch the winners videos
- For any question: email@example.com
Benefit from a 15% discount on the full Access pass thanks to Construction21 with code R153PCO21. Register here
* About World Efficiency
The premier international meeting for the low-carbon and resource-efficient economy, World Efficiency Solutions offers a comprehensive platform for accelerating the deployment of solutions in these fields through an unprecedented networking opportunity for all stakeholders: cities and territories, companies of all sizes, engineering and consultancy firms, institutions/NGOs, professional organisations, research bodies, etc. This feature is based on an on-line platform - WEConnect - which groups together projects and solutions from all around the world, and a meeting combining an international summit, an innovation showcase, an exhibition of solutions, multiple matchmaking opportunities and training and skills development sessions. World Efficiency Solutions will be held from 12 to 14 December in Paris under the high patronage of the French President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron and with the support of the Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition, Nicolas Hulot. 10,000 participants are expected to develop new collaborations that will help create the world of tomorrow.
Parc des expositions de Versailles, Paris - France 12/12 - 12/12/2017
Other news in "Agenda"
During the Mipim the different walloon projects will be presented. The list of projects: http://www.wallonia-mipim.be/projects Video of walloon participants: http://www.wallonia-mipim.be/videos Programme http://www.wallonia-mipim (...)
And once again, we're joining forces to create the Belgian Pavilion. Discover the different partners of our three Belgian regions as well as the many activities and events which will take place at the Palais des Festivals. Flande (...)
Cannes, France. – For third consecutive year Green Planet Architects returns to shine in the largest and most exclusive real estate investment event in Europe, MIPIM 2018. Held in the emblematic city of Cannes at a particularly releva (...)