The GET READY FOR 2050 event series was concluded this 1st June morning after hosting its third and final session. Let's go back to an intense and interesting programme.
Several high level EU initiatives and EU projects focusing on support to local and regional authorities decided to join forces to offer a unique online programme for their stakeholders. As main organisers, the Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy – Europe, C-Track 50 and Pentahelix H2020 projects have welcomed many others to join and share their experiences: PROSPECT 2030, Joint_Secap, European Energy Award, IMPLEMENT, CoME EASY, E-Fix, Stepping Plus, DECIDE were all among the impressive line up constistuted for the occasion. This resulted in:
- More than 200 different participants joining all 3 sessions, and about 100 participating in each session, coming from local and regional authorities, energy agencies, consultancies, academia, networks… ;
- Support across various branches of the European Commission, notably through inspiring and informative welcome addresses from DG REGIO, DG CLIMA, DG ENER, but also from the European Investment Bank;
- 19 presentations from consultants, public authorities, energy agencies and EU networks working daily on capacity-building and support in climate & energy planning and financing;
- 13 interactive breakout sessions featuring 29 high skilled facilitators and experts;
- An impressive variety of topics related to the main issue: regional support to municipalities, carbon neutrality planning, adaptation, joint SECAPs, EPC, energy communities, crowdfunding, etc.
- New links created between participating stakeholders;
- raised awareness on opportunities for project development, implementation and financing… and much more.
Municipalities need to be empowered and to be given a voice to define their targets and needs.
Here below, you can watch the recordings of the 3 sessions (plenary sections only) and access speakers’ slides.
As these webinars were organised in the framework of C-Track 50 and Pentahelix final events, you can expect interesting publications and best practices from these 2 projects very soon. Out in a couple of days: the C-Track 50 guidebook including best practices from the 11 countries, and our FEDARENE Info on planning for Carbon Neutrality. Stay tuned!
News published on FEDARENE – energy agencies
Consult the source