- Building Type : Other building
- Construction Year : 1977
- Delivery year : 2021
- Address 1 - street : Rue du Javelot 75013 PARIS, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 400 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 688 000 €
- Number of none : 1 none
- Cost/m2 : 1720 €/m2
Primary energy need
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
For this project to renovate a slab pagoda of the "Olympiades" and its transformation into a district management and Brico-theque, the circular economy and the reuse of physical and spatial resources were at the heart of our architectural approach.
First of all, the simple rehabilitation of old buildings by definition questions the ability of existing structures and spaces to reinvent themselves in order to accommodate new uses. This building, originally built by the architect Michel Holley, has been in turn a restaurant, a tea room, and today a bricothèque (collaborative manufacturing workshop), ERP and a room for diverse associations. Thanks to the support of the RIVP, the Javelin project has also made it possible to put into practice the transitional programming of changing spaces, a real challenge for contemporary cities. Indeed, in the summer interstice between the end of studies and the start of construction work, the pagoda has been transformed into an ephemeral cultural space by hosting the works of two painters and sculptors.
Finally, the reuse of materials was at the center of architectural thinking from the first design phases. This reuse is deployed on site along three lines:
- Ex-situ reuse: a metal staircase was disassembled, packaged and reassembled on another site.
- In-situ reuse: the existing glazing of the building has become interior glass partitions.
- Out-sourced reuse: the cladding of the project is made with parquet slats from another site under deconstruction.
See more details about this projecthttps://wao.paris/portfolio/tertiaire-projets/javelot/
Structural, thermal and fluid design office
Group of companies in charge of the realization of all the lots
Technical control office
Safety and Health Protection Coordination
Future users of the place
Type of market
Allocation of works contracts
Build and sell construction
- 80,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 200,00 kWhep/m2.an
- Heat pump
- Individual electric boiler
- Reversible heat pump
- Single flow
- Heat pump
- 7 981,00 m2
- 2,40 %
WAO / CARE BTPhttps://www.care-btp.com/fr
Structural work / Structure - Masonry - Facade
Reuse : same function or different function
- Outdoor joineries
- Facade insulating glass frames: 34 m²
- Softwood flooring: 1088 mL
- Curved steel roof frames: 7 units
- Insulating glazed facade frames reused on site as interior glazed partitions,
- Resinous wood parquet from a Parisian site transformed into facade cladding and filling of railings,
- Curved steel roof frames suitable for integration of new insulating glazing.
- 98 216 €
- 10 %
- -35 000 €
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
- Rénovation d'un bâtiment historique grâce à l'utilisation de matériaux biosourcés et réemployés;
- L’économie circulaire et la réutilisation des ressources physiques et spatiales sont au cœur de la démarche architecturale ;
- Mise en pratique de la programmation transitoire des espaces en mutation ;
- Réemploi de matériaux sur toutes les phases, de la conception à la construction ;
- L'opération de réemploi a économisé une quantité importante d'émissions de CO2.