- Building Type : School, college, university
- Construction Year : 2015
- Delivery year : 2015
- Address 1 - street : 117 Boulevard Léon Blum 56100 LORIENT, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 6 060 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 2 891 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 477.06 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : Other )
Educational buildings dating from 1959, renovated thermally by implementing prefabricated wooden panel frame for external insulation. Insulation, rainscreen, joinery and part of the external coating are assembled before the installation of wooden panel frame. Mechanical ventilation of interiors is installed in parallel.
- Intervention in an occupied high school. Noisy works concentrated during school holidays.
- High speed of execution : 6000 m² of floor area renovated in 10 months
- Air permeability of the building divided by three.
- Heat demand of the building divided by three.
- Summer discomfort reduced.
- Improvement of visual and acoustic comfort.
Sustainable development approach of the project ownerThe project owner is Brittany Region, which has set up an Eco-referencial system for schools giving them a general framework of sustainable development. On this particular project, the objectives were:
the reduction of buildings' energy needs (class B and - 40% of primary energy consumption)
indoor air quality (low emission paintings and installation of mechanical ventilation )
reducing the carbon footprint through the use of wood
Architectural descriptionMonochrome and monolithic treatment of floors in black lacquered siding and recreational playgrounds surface in douglas siding. The use of prefabricated wooden coffers was considered from the competition to address the issue of the occupied site and to incorporate a bio-based material, renewable and carbon sinks. Sun protection is threefold:
solar control glazing 70/40 on classes exposed southeast,
black slatted panel forming external shading with horizontal blades
Clear interior screen blinds for the management of glare
Building users opinion
Satisfaction of the high school teams.
See more details about this project
- 74,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 90,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 161,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- 0,89 W.m-2.K-1
Delta Maxx More
PET fleece with PU coating
The rain screen is used to achieve the airtightness of the facade.
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
- Intervention sur un lycée en site occupé. Travaux bruyants concentrés pendant les vacances scolaires.
- Grande rapidité d'exécution : 6 000 m² de SHON rénovés en 10 mois
- Division par trois de la perméabilité à l'air du bâtiment.
- Division par trois des besoins de chaleur du bâtiment.
- Réduction de l'inconfort estival.
- Amélioration du confort visuel et du confort acoustique.