Lauriau / Gaillard condominium - Montreuil
- by Thomas Jorand
- 2019-02-11 09:38:47
- 5659 / FR
- Building Type : Collective housing < 50m
- Construction Year : 1973
- Delivery year : 2016
- Address 1 - street : 93100 MONTREUIL, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 3 180 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 850 000 €
- Number of Dwelling : 53 Dwelling
- Cost/m2 : 267.3 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT existant )
The condominium is located in downtown Montreuil (Paris suburb) in the heart of an urban renewal project. This is a building built in 1973, the last renovation was in 1987. It includes 53 homes and a carpentry workshop.
The thermal rehabilitation of the two buildings, built with non-insulated concrete framed facades and single-glazed metal frames, is part of a process begun several years ago: insulation of roof-terraces in 2004, renovation of the boiler room in 2010 with the installation of 2 cascading natural gas condensing boilers, lighting of the common areas by LEDs realized in 2012.
A shared Global Audit was conducted during the 2013/2014 heating season, highlighting the opportunity for a global and ambitious energy renovation.
The work program includes:
- The energy treatment of the building envelope : Renovation of the facades with thermal insulation from the outside, replacement of joinery, shutters and insulation of the boxes, insulation on the underside of the low floor;
- Improvement of energy systems : Implementation of a humidity-sensitive ventilation and installation of automatic balancing valves on the heating network;
- Compliance and treatment of building pathologies : Resumption of balcony and joinery guardrails, securing of roof terraces, installation of smoke-control skylights enslaved, installation of a liquid waterproofing and treatment of the nose of balconies.
All this by following a green building charter , in compliance with environmental standards: Access, cleanliness, safety, limitation of nuisances (noise, dust), waste management and sorting.
This co-ownership has been awarded the call for projects ADEME Île-de-France region "sustainable condominium". In this context the co-ownership wanted to commit to a responsible project:
- Comparative study of biosourced solutions for the insulation of façades and low floors
- Analysis of the recyclability of the materials used
- Carbon analysis of the renovation project (and its variants) on the perimeter of the works and the operation of the buildings on the principle of life cycle analysis
Consult the map of renovated condominiums on the Paris metropolis
Sustainable development approach of the project owner
The buildings achieve a level of energy performance "Building Low Consumption" (Cep <104 kWh / m².year) with a complete treatment of the building envelope completed by the improvement of the air quality of the building (implementation work of humidity-controlled mechanical ventilation). The condominium is committed to a responsible approach by studying biosourced alternatives for thermal insulation work in front (wood wool) and floor (cork panels). The entire project was also the subject of a life cycle analysis adapted to the rehabilitation process taking into account the overall carbon footprint of the various construction solutions. The co-ownership also wanted the implementation of a green building charter to limit the impact of the renovation project on the environment during the construction site. Accompanied by different service providers, the co-ownership has put in place an important dynamic of consultation during all the duration of the project:
- Shared global audit: poster campaign, questionnaires, call for participation group "works", information meetings (technical, grants and subsidies, final project), housing visits, work meetings, dissemination of a summary.
- Conception Mastery of work: courier joinery with possibility of individual meeting, visits housing, meetings working group, communication panels architectural project, meeting financing, diffusion of a technical summary, permanences financing, presentation final offers, realization of financing plans individualized.
- Execution of the works: application of the green building charter containing a communication / works part in a busy environment (grievance book, identification of the person involved, planning, etc.)
The condominium consists of two adjoining residential buildings, forming an angle between the street Clotilde Gaillard and Gaston Lauriau in Montreuil. The immediate environment of the co-ownership is very heterogeneous. In front of building B is a 5-storey office building with contemporary architectural treatment (curtain wall, stone cladding). In front of the building A are small individual houses in masonry running with plaster and roof tile red terracotta.The facade treatment project aims to upgrade the building in its environment while maintaining its identity. The initial architectural choices went to a uniform white coating on all facades with a delimitation of volumes by a discrete salmon coating (arrows balconies, acroteria). The project aims to enhance the diversity of facades and volumes of the condominium. The identity of buildings A and B is marked by a different color choice on both buildings while maintaining common touches reminiscent of the uniqueness of the residence.
See more details about this projecthttps://mve.coachcopro.com/fiche-de-site/0a360603-b920-487f-b683-1d13ad24f56a
Assistance to the Contracting Authority
Fatima-Zohra MEKREBI - mekrebi (at) energie-pulse.frhttp://www.energie-pulse.fr/
Bouygues Bâtiment Ile-de-France - Habitat Réhabilté - ex-BATIRENOV
Caroline CATELAIN - c.catelain (at) bouygues-construction.comhttp://www.bouygues-batiment-ile-de-france.com/habitat-residentiel
Jorge VIEIRA - contact (at) air-climat.frhttp://www.air-climat.com/
Execution of the work Heating and Ventilation
ARC (Association des Responsables de Copropriété)
observatoire (at) arc-copro.frhttps://arc-copro.fr/
ALEC-MVE (Agence Locale de l'Énergie et du Climat - Maîtrisez Votre Énergie)http://www.agence-mve.org/
Type of market
Automatic balancing valve ASV-PV
Guillaume COATMEUR - [email protected]http://www.danfoss.fr/
Finishing work / Plumbing - Sanitary equipment
Adjustment of the differential pressure in the heating columns, allowing a real balancing of the flow of the heating system
Well accepted technical equipment
Indoor Air quality
- 19,00 KgCO2/m2/an
Life Cycle Analysis
- Comparative analysis of bio-sourced insulation solutions
- The carbon footprint of the project on the perimeter rehabilitation / exploitation site
- The recyclability of the proposed solutions
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
La copropriété Lauriau/Gaillard s'est engagée dans un projet de rénovation architectural et énergétique ambitieux assurant une amélioration thermique de l'enveloppe des bâtiments (isolation des façades, remplacement collectif des menuiseries, isolation du plancher sur sous-sol) accompagnée d'une rénovation des systèmes énergétiques, en particulier de la ventilation des logements.
La copropriété a fait l'objet d'un accompagnement par différents prestataires (agence locale de l'énergie MVE, ARC, maitre d'oeuvre PAZIAUD, accompagnement aux financements ENERGIE PULSE) pour la définition d'un projet permettant de répondre aux besoins d'entretien de son patrimoine tout en améliorant significativement les consommations énergétiques. Cette accompagnement (bilan initial, audit global architectural et énergétique, conception sur mesure du projet, consultation des entreprises) a permis après deux ans d'études un vote à l'unanimité des travaux lors d'une assemblée générale extraordinaire.
Grâce aux incitations des pouvoirs publics dans le cadre de l'appel à projet "copropriété durable", le projet a approfondi différents aspects environnementaux d'une rénovation : étude de faisabilité pour l'utilisation de matériaux biosourcés en isolation thermique de bâtiments collectifs d'habitation, analyse de cycle de vie (impact carbone global) des variantes proposées de matériaux.
Building candidate in the category
Energy & Temperate Climates
Author of the page
Other case studies
Thermic renovation of a guard house with baked clay
- Taman Mhoumadi
Townfield Head Farm
- Mark Woodward
Public housing in Tarm
- Asta Justesen
The Danish Nature Agency's official residence in Thy
- Asta Justesen
Rådhuslunden_City hall grove
- Asta Justesen