Géant Casino in the south of Valence
- Building Type : Supermarket - Hypermarket
- Construction Year : 2018
- Delivery year : 2018
- Address 1 - street : Avenue de Provence Quartier, Rue de Chantecouriol 26000 VALENCE, France
- Climate zone : [Cbc] Mild, dry winter, warm and wet summer.
- Net Floor Area : 18 000 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 360 000 €
- Number of Visitor : 18 000 Visitor
- Cost/m2 : 20 €/m2
Primary energy need
(Calculation method : RT existant )
Installation on May 30, 2018 of a weather station, surface temperature sensors and soffit.
Description of the operation: A coating Cool Roof France was implemented on 18 000 m² of roof of the hypermarket and the gallery of the Casino Valence Sud to reduce the energy expenditure of the building.
• The surface temperature is reduced by 4.98 ° C on average with reduced maximums of 36 ° C
• Maintaining temperature setpoints despite 5 roof top (out of 10) down
• The overall energy consumption of the building has been reduced by 12% or 20.5kWh / m² / year
Sustainable development approach of the project owner
This approach responds to the fact that Géant Casino Valence Sud wanted to lower its energy consumption.
The building is a shopping center of 18,000m2. The roof, is sandwich panel steel tank / insulation / bilayer bitumen and suffering from microcracks. In 2017, the decision was made to implement a CoolRoof application on the roof.
Cool Roof France
02 44 84 08 04https://www.coolroof-france.com/
- 599,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 300,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 599,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- Heat pump
- Individual electric boiler
- Reversible heat pump
- Double flow heat exchanger
- No renewable energy systems
Cool Roof Francehttps://www.coolroof-france.com/
Second œuvre / Peinture, revêtements muraux
Cool Roof offers an innovative ecological reflective thermal paint, which reflects the heat. Environmentally friendly, it is light, resistant and easily applied to all types of roofs. A white roof "Cool Roof" returns the heat of the sun, thus limiting the heat on the roof of the building, and thus inside the building. The building manager can: - save up to 30% energy - plug the roof microcracks - all without having to modify the structure of his building
Owners of large commercial, industrial or institutional buildings seek this kind of simple, affordable, direct energy efficiency solution, thus avoiding overloading the production of cold.
Construction and exploitation costs
- 327 800 €
- 272 000,00 €
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
In 3 weeks of work without hindering the smooth running of the store, the Géant Casino hypermarket in the south of Valence has thus recorded up to 36 ° C less during the peaks of heat on the roof after application of the CoolRoof, a decrease of 12% on the overall energy bill in summer.
The hypermarket has therefore achieved energy savings and therefore carbon savings thanks to the reduction in air-conditioning consumption. The interior and exterior comfort of the building is also improved since the building does not suffer any more from hot weather, the internal temperature felt is reduced and the heat island effect around the building is also controlled.