- Building Type : Collective housing > 50m
- Construction Year : 2017
- Delivery year : 2017
- Address 1 - street : Vicente Luis Garcera Lopez 31006 PAMPLONA, España
- Climate zone : [Csa] Interior Mediterranean - Mild with dry, hot summer.
- Net Floor Area : 2 250 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 3 150 356 €
- Cost/m2 : 1400.16 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : )
This is the first block of housing certified in Spain under the Passivhaus standard, and therefore has a demand for heating below 15kWh / m2a, and a heating load of 10W / m2. This implies that a floor of 75m2 will have a heating load of only 750W, so with a hair dryer there would be enough to heat two houses.
To achieve this the following principles have been applied:
1. Insulation: A continuous thermal envelope is projected on the exterior of the building, which is not interrupted on deck or on the ground floor. Exterior insulation minimizes thermal bridges.
2. Thermal bridges: all the construction details have been modeled with a thermal bridge calculation program, so that it can be guaranteed that at any point inside the building there will be at least 17ºC of temperature. The terraces have been disconnected from the interior structure, the slab being cut so that the insulation line can have continuity, and the blinds go outside to avoid sealing problems, and the pre-frame has had to be extended to place a rigid insulation block, so that the facade rock wool has continuity to the carpentry itself.
3. High-performance carpentry and glazing: A set consisting of a high-performance PVC profile with a UfAlta tightness: in all the houses a door-blowing test has been carried out, applying standards en13829 and ISO 9972, and criteria foreseen by the Passivhaus Institut. The average tightness was 0.40 renewals / hour, a figure well below the 0.6r / h required by the Passivhaus Institute for certification.
4. Ventilation with heat recovery: When you have worked exhaustively the sealing makes perfect sense to use a mechanical ventilation of double flow, with recovery of heat of high efficiency. This allows the air to be preheated in winter to 17-18 ° C, so the differential is only 3-4 ° C. With a simple flow would have to raise the temperature of the outdoor air from 0 ° C on a winter day to 21 ° C setpoint.
See more details about this projecthttps://www.construible.es/2017/06/07/29-soto-primer-edificio-residencial-certificado-passivhaus-espana
3rd part certified
ContractorPromociones Las Provincias Laura Valencia
Construction ManagerConstrucciones Erro y Eugui Iñigo Eugui
DesignerVArquitectos Germán Velázquez
Owner approach of sustainability
The objective was to get the project with the lowest possible heating demand, so as to be able to offer houses without energy mortgage. For this, the Passivhaus standard was proposed, which also offers many other advantages, such as maximum indoor air quality, avoid thermal bridges and therefore pathologies, maximum interior comfort, absence of noise thanks to high insulation and great air tightness, etc.
The architecture could not be seen in any case mortgaged by the constructive solutions of high energy efficiency. For this, VArquitectos has done an intense work during the drafting of the project in order to be able to provide thermally adequate solutions to the architectural requirements. The most notable case are the large terraces which do not compromise in absolute efficiency of the building, since they are outside the thermal envelope.
If you had to do it again?
Certain solutions implemented on site would be simplified.
- 5,90 kWhpe/m2.year
- 24,20 kWhpe/m2.year
- 26,80 kWhfe/m2.year
- 0,17 W.m-2.K-1
- Condensing gas boiler
- Low temperature floor heating
- Condensing gas boiler
- No cooling system
- Nocturnal ventilation
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar Thermal
- 30,00 %
- 5,60 KgCO2/m2/year
- 75,00 year(s)
Indoor Air quality
Health & Comfort
Génie climatique, électricité / Ventilation, rafraîchissement
Mechanical system of double flow with recovery of heat. A recuperator has been placed per housing unit, with a star distribution.
The houses are not yet in use, but on the pilot floor, customers are very surprised by the absence of smells, noises, etc.
Soto de Lezkairu is a neighborhood recently created in Pamplona. It is currently closed in more than 50%, and has all the services of a new neighborhood; Transport, bicycle lane, recreation areas and parks, pneumatic garbage collection, etc.
Land plot area
1 150,00 m2
Two basement floors, with space for 44 parking spaces, 29 storage rooms and 4 places for motorcycle.