- Building Type : Preschool, kindergarten, nursery
- Construction Year : 2013
- Delivery year : 2013
- Address 1 - street : rue de l'école 5870 ALZINGEN, Luxembourg
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 1 666 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 4 304 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 2583.43 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RGD du 31 août 2010 - bâtiment fonctionnel )
The building of Alzingen school, built in 1968, needed to be renovated and compliant to current standards, particularly in terms of accessibility and energy performance. Following exchanges with all stakeholders, we have reached the following program:
• Renovate and clean up the building from an energy and environmental point of view
• Assign Alzingen School in the early teaching and cycle. 1.
• Add a kindergarten with food production.
• Make schools accessible to people with reduced mobility.
• Renovate the gym / multipurpose hall
• Adapt the hall additional rooms to the needs of the clubs that use it.
• Add a music studio, a library, a conference room and a DIY studio.
DesignerXXA Architecture STREBER Patricia
Owner approach of sustainability
Willingness to bathe the children in a natural and inspiring environment to show them the way to face their future responsibilities.
Innovative ecological concepts have been applied in the renovation of an existing school by integrating plant facades and a photo-voltaic glass roof.
- 126,60 kWhep/m2.an
- 194,20 kWhep/m2.an
- -45 196,00 kWhef/m2.an
- 0,29 W.m-2.K-1