- Building Type : Factories
- Construction Year : 2014
- Delivery year : 2015
- Address 1 - street : 85000 LA ROCHE SUR YON, France
- Climate zone : [Cfc] Marine Cool Winter & summer- Mild with no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 1 270 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 823 819 €
- Cost/m2 : 648.68 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
On this project, the initial objective of the contracting authority was the partial demolition of municipal technical center and the creation of a new building with a standard thermal performance level (RT2012 for the office and workshop area at 12 ° C therefore outside the box RT). The project manager convinced the client to build the building according to the Passivhaus standard, assuring him that the initial budget would be retained. In the end, the building was built for less than the budget: the initial budget was € 1,700,000 excluding tax for a total construction cost of € 1,471,400 excluding tax. To achieve this level of performance at low cost, the passive concept was applied to this industrial building using simple and prefabricated industrial construction processes, coupled with a simplification of technical systems. The building envelope is made of metal frame with walls made of polyurethane sandwich panels, usually used in the development of negative cold rooms . The concrete floor of the locker room is also insulated with polyurethane while for the workshop, it has been favored a vertical peripheral insulation of a height of 1.2m. The roof in steel tank is insulated uniformly on the 2 areas with placement of rockwool and polyurethane (U = 0.106W / m².K). Finally, this powerful thermal envelope is completed by the establishment of triple joinery glazing on the cloakroom AND on the workshop (MINCO chassis for locker rooms and STABALUX for the workshop) as well as insulating and waterproof sectional doors (DPU from Hormann: Up = 0.44W / m².K) With these constructive methods set a rigorous implementation, the airtightness reached at the end of construction is 0.44 volume per hour on 50 Pascal. To ensure air renewal, a single Passivhaus-certified Helios double flow control unit is used. The building thus designed has a heating requirement of 8kWh / m².an (12 kWh / m² for the locker rooms and 7 kWh / m² for the workshop) with an average temperature of 20 ° C in the changing rooms and 17 ° C in the workshop.
For heating, given the very low requirements and in order to reduce the overall cost, the transmitters are simple electrical panels in the locker rooms and electric radiant cassettes for the workshop. The production of domestic hot water of the workshop is also electric, with the installation of small balloons near the points of drawing. The sanitary hot water of the locker rooms is produced by a solar thermal system from Viessmann with installation of vacuum panels installed on the plane of the sunscreens of the South facade. This passive building is in the process of being certified. It guarantees users exceptional comfort compared to the level initially planned.
3rd part certified
Thermal consultancy agencyEquipe Ingénierie M. Tugdual ALLAIN - firstname.lastname@example.org - 02.41.55.35.21 Thermal design office, structure, construction economics and OPC + prime contractor
Other consultancy agencySETHEL M Jean Marc LE CANN - email@example.com Fluid studies office
Owner approach of sustainability
The choice of passive construction is part of the energy saving approach of the city
The building is industrial type meeting the needs of functionality and economy.
- 59,10 kWhep/m2.an
- 132,10 kWhep/m2.an
- 42,40 kWhef/m2.an
- 0,18 W.m-2.K-1
Real final energy consumption
- Electric radiator
- Solar Thermal
- No cooling system
- Nocturnal ventilation
- Single flow
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar Thermal
- 10,00 %
- 94,38 KgCO2/m2/an
- 848,54 KgCO2 /m2
- 50,00 an(s)
- 47 000,00 KgCO2 /m2
Life Cycle Analysis
- 38,00 m3
- 1 488,00 m3
The project is part of an industrial site gathering all the technical activities of the city of rock on yon.
Land plot area
36 292,00 m2
212 parking spaces (only 12 spaces created for the new project and 200 existing spaces on the entire plot)
- Energy = The building complies with the Passivhaus standard with heating requirements of 8kWh / m².year and total primary energy consumption of 92 kWhEP / m².year, all with a construction price of 800 € / m² (excluding process), lower than the initial budget of the customer who wanted a building compliant with the French regulatory standard. The overall cost of the project is really optimized and the operating and maintenance costs are very low given the simplification of systems.
- Comfort = Compared to the initial demand of a standard building, the gain in comfort is very important because there is no thermal obligation to isolate an industrial building simply maintained at 12 ° C. With the passive design, all the walls are insulated to guarantee a U performance.