- Building Type : Collective housing < 50m
- Construction Year : 2013
- Delivery year : 2014
- Address 1 - street : 84100 ORANGE, France
- Climate zone : [Csa] Interior Mediterranean - Mild with dry, hot summer.
- Net Floor Area : 14 185 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 4 950 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 348.96 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : )
The social landlord, New Logis Provencal, has achieved a complete rehabilitation of 190 housing in Orange Fourchevieilles neighborhood thanks to the funding program ADEME-Region ERDF.
The six constructions built in 1960, had a negative image because of their appearance and a number of technical problems. The NLP adopted then, an orverall response, in order to respond to 4 objectives:
- reduce energy consumption to reduce rental costs;
- change the image of the neighborhood by a complete transformation of the architecture allowed by the insulation of facades;
- improve comfort through renovation of common areas and equipment;
- enhance the attractiveness of housing.
These buildings are now reaching the level of thermal performance of the RT2012 (French certification), while providing quality architecture that completely transforms the perception of this neighborhood in the city.
Sustainable development approach of the project ownerThe project is part of the rehabilitation of buildings C, D and E located in "rue du Bellay" and buildings A, B and G located in "rue Descartes" on the perimeter of Fourchevielles District in Orange.
Architectural descriptionProject management company highlighted the architecture of buildings with a complete redesign of the facades. This allows a simple reading of the buildings components and entrances. A game of superposition and offsets has been possible by varying the insulation thickness.
See more details about this projecthttp://www.enviroboite.net/habitat-residence-fourchevielles-nlp-orange-84
ContractorNouveau Logis Provençal 04 96 20 20 22 / Patrick.joubert[a]nlp.sni.fr
Construction ManagerOliver Seidel 09 51 70 98 48 - os[a]seidelarchitecte.fr
Thermal consultancy agencyBET Durand 04 67 03 37 44
CompanyINDIGO Bâtiment 04 90 83 82 24 Facades / Insulations
CompanyEntreprise Pierre Laugier 04 90 70 32 66 Facades / Insulations
CompanySONIL 04 37 46 15 39 photovoltaic panels
CompanyS.A. JCB 04 90 32 44 54 Plumbing / Heating / Ventilation
- 53,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 100,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 211,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 0,75 W.m-2.K-1
- Individual gas boiler
- Water radiator
- Individual gas boiler
- Solar Thermal
- No cooling system
- Natural ventilation
- Single flow
- humidity sensitive Air Handling Unit (hygro A
- Solar photovoltaic
- Solar Thermal
ITE STO StoTherm
0820 20 27 20
Opere di finitura / Partizioni, isolamento
- External Insulation system of expanded polystyrene, with multiple possible finishes. It is widespread and has been placed on nearly 400 million square meters of facades in the world. - Cladding PARKLEX S - TERREAL THERMOREAL GEBRIK Base papanels, hand molded appearance.
The external insulation system, is a key element of the performance of this project. It helped make the building more comfortable without reducing the living space. The choice of cladding panels brings a contemporary look to the project that is much appreciated.
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
The building obtained the Mediterranean Sustainable Building certification (BDM),bronze level, with a primary energy consumption (TPEC) of 53 kWh / m².year (a gain of 75 % compared to the TPEC 211 kWh / m².year). The intervention focused on the envelope and systems, including photovoltaic and solar thermal generation.
This project contributed to re-qualify this particularly disadvantaged neighbourhood. A consultation and a sensitizing program were conducted. Social insertion provisions enabled unemployed persons from the neighbourhood to work during the construction phase.