- Building Type : School, college, university
- Construction Year : 1974
- Delivery year : 2017
- Address 1 - street : 87000 LIMOGES, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 3 300 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 1 700 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 515.15 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : )
Overall rehabilitation: thermal, indoor and outdoor circulation, creation of convivial spaces, compliance with PMR standards.
The approach emphasizes both:
- the environmental performance of the project, ( beyond the BBC Renovation objective without forgetting the treatment of ventilation and airtightness, essential for the sustainability of the building and the comfort of its users)
- high speed and quality of implementation,
- an architectural requalification of the renovated buildings and the site, contributing to the enhancement of the image of the CFA, (creation of a glass roof in the heart of the building, new arrangement of interior circulations for the accessibility of the whole, landscaping of surroundings)
Thermal performance of the envelope:
- before work: 257 kWh / m².shab
- after work: 50 kwh / m² / shab (factor 5)
Thermal consultancy agencyFIABITAT CONCEPT Frederic LOYAU : firstname.lastname@example.org thermal study and dynamic thermal simulation
Separate batchesMarche public loi MAPA
Owner approach of sustainability
Request from the building owner: Reduce the energy consumption of existing buildings, improve reception areas, upgrade the image of the CFA and bring accessibility standards to the building.
The thermal approach proposed by the project management, rather than limiting itself to the regulatory calculation RT and a search for labeling, was more global: the Fiabitat thermal design office, through its tool Fiabiscope, made a multi-criteria analysis, which is both more precise and closer to reality on the thermal aspect: dynamic thermal simulation giving real heating needs zone by zone, and wider on the environmental impact of the project: greenhouse gas emissions greenhouse, nonrenewable primary energy, consumed gray energy, operating cost.Precisions on the Fiabiscope approach: https://www.fiabitat.com/thermiques- studies / le-fiabiscope/ See the attached thermal study for the results.
Two existing buildings from 1974 with prefabricated concrete facades on 2 levels, compact, with rooftop terraces, column-beam structure, which allow economical and effective solutions: external insulation in prefabricated wood panels (effective treatment of thermal bridges and low incidence on interior spaces, thus reduced construction nuisances).
In summary, the approach emphasizes both the environmental performance of the project, a high speed and quality of implementation, and an architectural requalification of renovated buildings. The project plans to go beyond the BBC Rénovation objective, to reduce the environmental impact of the project in a more global way: reduction of GHG emissions, low energy gray materials, sustainability and recycling at the end of life, without forget the treatment of ventilation and airtightness, essential for the durability of the building and the comfort of its users.
If you had to do it again?
Regret not having been able to use the cellulose insufflated as expected as insulation, because of fire standards in renovation
Building users opinion
very positive, real added value in terms of comfort, light, fluidity of circulation, conviviality of spaces
- 80,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 350,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 49,16 kWhef/m2.an
- 355,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 9,00 KgCO2/m2/an
- 69,60 KgCO2 /m2
Life Cycle Analysis
Health & Comfort
Redevelopment of outdoor spaces and circulations for accessibility accessibility, plant plantations, replacement of bitumen with deactivated concrete. Maximization of planted areas, reduction of asphalt surfaces.
Land plot area
20 000,00 m2
air parking for administrative staff
Energy and technical devices:
- ITE (on existing prefabricated concrete) prefabricated Douglas-fir prefabricated panel, rock wool filling. Cladding: southern façades cladded with douglas fir from the Limousin (treated with a gray saturator to anticipate aging) / facades made of fiber-reinforced concrete (tinted in the mass)
- ITE rockwool gables, lime plaster
- Wood-aluminum joinery in Limousin Douglas fir, sun shades
- Reinforcement of roof terrace insulation, new EPDM membrane and gravel
- Landscaping of an accessible roof terrace on the roof
- Creation of a glass roof, the nerve center of the project to the convergence of flows, and conviviality space, with automated regulation of the indoor climate.
- Creation of an insufflation ventilation circuit with preheating.
- New heating circuit
- redevelopment of reception areas
- decompartmentalization of certain areas in the administration, new rubber floors and interior paints (circulation, office, classrooms)
- development of external pedestrian paths