- Building Type : Other building
- Construction Year : 2015
- Delivery year : 2016
- Address 1 - street : 56350 RIEUX, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 565 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 700 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 1238.94 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
The extension of the leisure building has been designed according to the criteria of the German Passivhaus label with a heating requirement of less than 15kWh / m².year for a heating set point of 20 ° C and a very high airtightness (test final at 0.51 volume per hour at 50 Pascal) .To achieve this exceptional thermal quality in a controlled budget, important work on the thermal envelope, the bioclimatic design, the airtightness and the choice of materials was carried out . Thus the walls and the roof are made of wood (framework and frame) of French origin, certified PEFC, integrating an insulation cellulose wadding infused and outer wood wool support mineral coating. A highly insulated concrete slab and wood-aluminum joinery in triple glazing complete this thermal envelope. A centralized double flow ventilation system with very high efficiency guarantees the air quality of the premises with very low thermal losses.
With respect to the Passivhaus label, the heating requirements are very low (according to the RT2012 thermal study carried out, only 4.2 kWh / m².year of final energy, ie around € 122 / year electricity for the heating of the extension). In addition, the need for domestic hot water is limited to a few lavas sanitary. Thus, to guarantee a great ease of operation, maintenance and economic viability, the residual heating of the premises is realized by direct electric transmitters and the production of sanitary hot water by electric balloons located near the needs. Feasibility studies have indeed shown that the choice of renewable energies on these two positions generates disproportionate investments compared to the savings made. The choice of materials is also a major axis of project design, with, in addition to the bio-based materials present in the insulation and the structure, the choice of interior coatings with a low environmental and sanitary impact (example: mineral paint without VOC), the choice of materials favorable to the hygrothermal comfort of the users (wood fiber, choice of a roof waterproofing of white color and 100% recyclable allowing an attenuation of the temperature up to 5 ° C). The passive calculation with the PHPP software indicates a total primary energy consumption of 89kWhep / m².year, including computer uses and appliances, all for less than 1200 € HT / m².
3rd part certified
Thermal consultancy agencyEquipe Ingénierie Tugdual ALLAIN - 4 rue du Val de Loire, 49300 CHOLET - email@example.com Office of thermal study and any body of state
Owner approach of sustainability
The commune of Rieux wished for a place for children healthy and perennial in time.
The interior materials are mainly biossed (wood frame, rubber floor, VOC-free paint ...). Particular attention has been given to the quality of air (renewal rate higher than the norm in force) The level of passive energy efficiency guarantees low charges to the municipality and is part of the local fight against global warming.
A sober but contemporary architecture has been adopted for the project to fit naturally into the urban landscape.
It was asked for a lime plaster finish on the wood frame to ensure easy maintenance for the municipality.
Building users opinion
The premises are pleasant to live in both winters and summer.
- 33,90 kWhep/m2.an
- 115,40 kWhep/m2.an
- 33,90 kWhef/m2.an
- 0,19 W.m-2.K-1
Real final energy consumption
- Electric radiator
- Individual electric boiler
- No cooling system
- Nocturnal ventilation
- Double flow heat exchanger
- No renewable energy systems
- 2,40 KgCO2/m2/an
- 716,48 KgCO2 /m2
- 50,00 an(s)
- 836,51 KgCO2 /m2
Life Cycle Analysis
- 0,57 kWhEP
Indoor Air quality
Health & Comfort
CTA Helios KWL EC 2000D Pro certified PHI
HVAC / Ventilazione, Raffrescamento
Extra-low flow dual-flow power station with energy recovery, for suspended ceiling mounting.
Ideal for centralized ventilation of residential, tertiary and industrial premises.
High energy efficiency, tested according to PassivHaus Institute criteria.
Very compact unit with numerous equipment variants.
Flexibility of connection, simplicity of installation.
- ENERGY: Passive building (in the process of being certified) with total consumption of less than 89kWhep / m².year, including computer and appliance uses, and heating requirement below 13kWh / m².year for a set point of 20 ° C
- HEALTH: Use of healthy interior materials (VOC-free mineral paint, tiles, Class A + PVC floors) coupled with double flow ventilation with incoming air filtration and flow rate suitable for use
- CARBON: Use of biosourced and recycled materials: frame and wood frame walls insulated in cellulose wadding and wood fiber, mixed wood-aluminum joinery
- COMFORT: Increased hygrothermal comfort due to good inertia in the building (stone slab wall, concrete slab), passive level insulation, fixed and mobile outdoor solar protection, clear colors of the coatings outside that return the heat.