- Building Type : School, college, university
- Construction Year : 2013
- Delivery year : 2013
- Address 1 - street : rue Abdelmalek Sayad 92000 NANTERRE, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 5 063 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 13 712 175 €
- Cost/m2 : 2708.31 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : )
The school group Abdelmalek Sayad sheds develops an architecture that recalls the site's industrial past: the polluting battery plant in exemplary school environmental perspective, it is a symbol accentuated by the facades bearing the Republican motto in 40 languages.
Beyond the reduction of energy consumption and production of renewable energy, the project aims to reduce the carbon impact of the construction itself and the building throughout its cycle vie.C'est as such manifest as a building of its life cycle, it also stores more carbon than it emits, including construction:
- Energy consumption divided by 4 relative to the regulatory level (passive)
- Consumed mainly renewable energy (heat network with recovery of waste water and geothermal)
· - Central ensure a photovoltaic renewable energy production exceeded consumption (positive energy)
· - The use of renewable bio-based materials and to significantly reduce the embodied energy in particular (carbon storage)
The implementation of the school group promotes the quality of urban integration, quality andthe use bioclimatic design (passive heating of buildings, balance between compactness and performance envelope, daylighting strategy for all areas, the strategy hygrothermal comfort comfort for winter and summer comfort). Food safety has also been extreme care using only the saint materials (VOC or formaldehyde) and even air-purifying (photocatalytic). On the concrete floor of the car park, the building is completely made of wood: wood frame walls platform structure, Solid wood flooring without glue journaled (26 cm), wood frame walls and wood fiber insulation, solid wood furniture.
The NFA Agency has developed environmental expertise and competence integrated wood, and was distinguished by its commitment for nearly 20 years in these fields.
Sustainable development approach of the project ownerThe project is part of a global environmental initiative supported by the City of Nanterre, one of the first in France to have with a territorial climate plan in 2007. The vote of this plan has boosted the energy service which enlisted new skills through the creation of two posts: a peeler stream and an energy engineer. The objective of the CFEP for the nine municipal buildings was to increase the thermal regulations and systematize the use of renewable energies. In 2011 the City of Nanterre realized his first BBC building with a wooden frame and insulation. In the school group Abdelmalek Sayad, she wished further enhance the ambition of overall environmental performance of the building. The idea was also to transform land polluted by Fulmen business in a place ecologically exemplary, through the strong desire to write a very ambitious environmental program for school groups: the goal of building an energy building positive is stopped, the timber construction method is recommended and an efficient overall environmental balance is requested. The program's goal was to set ambitious targets while remaining open enough on how to get there, as well as the appreciation of the level of the overall environmental performance of the building.
ContractorVille de Nanterre Mme Collignon - Tel: 0147295238 Program / Project management / Operations Management
DesignerNicolas Favet Architectes Nicolas Favet - Tel: 01 41 58 15 26 Design / Works / Environmental Engineering
Thermal consultancy agencyCoretude Alain Duval - Tel: 01 30 59 97 53 Thermal Engineering / CVC / CFO CFA / GTC
Structures calculistBIIC Robert Pastor - Tel: 01 47 47 42 42 Engineering Concrete Structure
Structures calculistTeckicea Sylvain Rochet - Tel: 03 81 46 48 53 Wood Structure Engineering
Other consultancy agencyPascal Loison Economiste Pascal Loison - Tel: 03 28 52 31 74 Economics of Construction
Structures calculistGamba Acoustique Jean-Philippe Dejaifve - Tel: 01 39 93 21 71 Acoustic Engineering
Other consultancy agencyPérichimie Marc Vauthier - Tel: 01 30 99 02 98 Remediation of Soil Engineering
Assistance to the Contracting AuthorityLes ENR M. Monaco - Tel: 01 57 19 50 06 AMO Phase Environmental Studies
CompanyVaninetti SAS M. Burnouf - Tel: 01 30 94 58 08 Macro-Lot Clos covered extended (carpentry, roofing, waterproofing, photovoltaic, exterior joinery, cladding, partitions, linings, millwork)
- 43,18 kWhep/m2.an
- 100,89 kWhep/m2.an
- 0,33 W.m-2.K-1
- Urban network
- Low temperature floor heating
- Urban network
- Urban network
- Floor cooling
- Natural ventilation
- Nocturnal Over ventilation
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar photovoltaic
- Heat pump (geothermal)
- Energy recovery from waste
- 185,00 %
Life Cycle Analysis
Indoor Air quality
Health & Comfort
Opere strutturali / Tamponamento, Rivestimento, Tenuta
• Materials: wood, bio-based material used in the construction of VELUX windows INTEGRA® comes from forests managed in a rational and sustainable manner as demonstrated by the PEFC certification. • Manufacturing process: much falls wood needed for production of the window is recovered and valued in internal streams (fuel for heating plants) or external. • Logistics: The location on the French territory of window manufacturing plants, shutters and blinds can limit the impact of gas emissions of greenhouse gases associated with transport. • Air tightness: The level of tightness of windows allows air to limit the infiltration of cold air in winter. This feature reduces the building's heating needs. • Energy saving: The installed windows have a transmission coefficient of 1.1 W / (m².K), the highest market value for a double glazed roof window. These performances contribute to reducing heating needs. In summer, the automatic opening of motorized INTEGRA® windows at night can cool the building, avoiding the need for an energy-intensive air conditioning. • Life cycle: The wooden windows VELUX INTEGRA are the subject of a specific Environmental and Health Data Sheet, which can appreciate as accurately the environmental performance of the project.
Solid Wood journaled
Opere strutturali / Struttura - Involucro - Finitura
The assembly of wooden boards in packet journalling makes available the timber construction elements for configuring floors, walls and solid wooden roofs. In fact, it comes to form the structural portion of a floor joist that, a wall that amounts or a roof that rafters. The assembly is done by driving beech pins through holes of precise and regular interval in packets planks, wooden strips. The timber is dried at about 15%, beech journals are kept close to 7% - they then swell in contact with the timber to ensure sustainable assembly.
Gypsum Fibre plate
Opere di finitura / Partizioni, isolamento
The plates fermacell-gypsum fibers consist of 80% gypsum and 20% of paper fibers obtained by a recycling process. The homogeneous mixture of these two natural ingredients is mixed with water - no other binder. The whole is compressed to high pressure and dried to obtain a rigid plate and odorless, which, after impregnation of a water-repellent substance, is cut to the required sizes.
Developed on five hectares of reclaimed brownfield enterprise ECAC / Fulmen, the eco-neighborhood ZAC Sainte Geneviève Centre aims to become an exemplary operation for sustainable development. Thus, the housing (600), two residences (apprentices and young workers) offices and shops (1000m) and facilities (school complex / recreation center and public parking) are being implemented as part of a charter Environmental has two major development areas: an architecture that reconciles bioclimatic techniques and the reduction of consumption of fossil fuels, and promoting renewable energy (solar, heat networks). Three new streets (classified as Zone 30), a pedestrian will be created, and a small square in the heart area and kitchen gardens in the heart of islets. The first buildings under construction (A2 lots and B3) meet the certification THQE (Very High Environmental Performance) while the following lots (Lots B1-B2, C) will satisfy the minimum label BBC (Low Consumption Building). School group and recreation center (group A1), currently under construction, is itself a zero energy building wooden structure. The new school complex with its contemporary and expressive architecture allows to affirm the identity of the new ZAC Sainte Genevieve in Nanterre. The architectural approach integrates environmental quality as an integral part of the project design. Environmental aspects guiding the project upstream from the sketch phase in defining the guidelines of the architectural part of the building's morphology and its materiality, as well as in the definition of systems and control strategies sound and lighting moods.
Land plot area
4 967,00 m2
4 967,00 %
Public car parking in the school group of 145 seats occupying all the land easement with electric vehicle charging stations Garage bike 50 m²
Building Environmental Quality
- Building flexibility
- indoor air quality and health
- works (including waste management)
- consultation - cooperation
- comfort (visual, olfactive, thermal)
- energy efficiency
- renewable energies
- building end of life management
- integration in the land
- building process
- products and materials