Energy & Temperate Climates of the Green Solutions Awards 2017: Kirstein & Sauer (Germany)
This positive energy building shelters a supermarket at the ground level and offices on the upper floors. The contractor wanted this project to be exemplary. This was achieved through the combination of mature technologies for a very high level of energy efficiency at a low cost, while providing high resilience and reliability. The thorough energy planning of the building was also key to this project as it integrated all needs of the building, from the systems to the users. Among the solutions implemented in this project, some are worth pointing out:
- An ultra efficient envelope, designed very early in the project,
- A urban heating network fueled by the combustion of waste,
- Low temperature heating floors,
- Ventilation/Cooling systems with adiabatic evaporation,
- Photovoltaic panels on the roof to cover every energy needs,
- The fine tuned building management through a BMS.
- Contractor: Kirstein & Sauer GmbH
- Designers: Architekten Wannenmacher + Möller GmbH
- Consultancy agency: Solares Bauen GmbH
Browse the case study linked to this video.
Il 2017 è stato un anno di energia positiva per Construction21. Vi auguriamo lo stesso per il 2018: tanta innovazione, condivisione delle esperienze e progresso per un mondo più sostenibile. Il team di Construction21 (...)
The CNPC Headquarters is a vast tertiary multifunction complex of 22 floors featuring offices, conference halls, restaurants, sports centres and car parks. It hosts an average of 3,500 people per day. Health and comfort were put at (...)
Sustainable City Grand Prize winner of the Green Solutions Awards 2017: Cité du Centenaire (Belgium)
The Cité du Centenaire in Charleroi is a urban renewal project and the transformation into an ecodistrict of a 1959 neighbourhood inspired by garden cities. While moving the Cité du Centenaire toward sustainability, this project also (...)