- Building Type : Collective housing < 50m
- Construction Year : 2019
- Delivery year : 2020
- Address 1 - street : Saurenbachstrasse 8707 MäNNEDOERF, Switzerland
- Climate zone : [Dwa] Humid Continental Hot Summer, severe, dry winter
- Net Floor Area : 1 884 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 7 200 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 3821.66 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : Other )
The latest lighthouse project of Umwelt Arena Schweiz in cooperation with exhibition partners and the HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil is the first residential building in the world with an intelligent and consistent combination of photovoltaics, battery storage, synthetic e-gas/biogas and intelligent energy management (hybrid box). All this at amortizable costs for the building owner and the residents receive heat and electricity at zero cost.
A self-sufficient building with high-tech-eco-systems and products :
- A beautiful project realized by the owner of the Umweltarena in CH-Spreitenbach and designed by René Schmid Architekten AG in CH-Zurich.
- The buildings produce 105'900 kWh per year by BIPV-elements, PV-rooftop-installations, wind-turbine and other sources. The unused energy (summer) is transferred and turned into synthetic methane (which is CO² neutral) and can be re-electrified in winter. So the buildings produce more than consume.
- What is available as production and storage of renewable energies has been implemented.
- The tenants do not have to pay for electricity and heating.
- Some of the BIPV-elements are white - which is unique and gives new architectural possibilities.
OthersUmweltarena, CH-Spreitenbach Mr. Robert Grill
Owner approach of sustainability
More information available at René Schmid
Very fonctional and ecological buildings with all comfort but without wasting energy. 16 flats of different sizes, close to the city-center of Männedorf. Clear in its modern forms. Autark in all aspects. Creative combination of activated facade-elements.
Ideal combination of power-generators and colors. A house looking similar to 1000 others - but having its huge and unvisible ecological and energetical qualities
If you had to do it again?
Always with pleasure - with even more and newer technologies.
Building users opinion
- Geothermal heat pump
- Combined Heat and Power
- Heat pump
- Water chiller
- Natural ventilation
- Solar photovoltaic
- Heat pump (geothermal)
- Micro wind
- Biogas boiler
- Energy recovery from waste
- Other, specify
- 100,00 %
Beautiful white solar modules
Gros œuvre / Structure, maçonnerie, façade
With the unique color-giving technology of Solaxess PV-Modules are transferred into a construction material. Also in white and bright colors. No solar-cells are visible - even not from close.
Loved by architects and construction companies.