Renovation of Paradis School
- Building Type : School, college, university
- Construction Year : 1972
- Delivery year : 2013
- Address 1 - street : 20 rue du Paradis 75010 PARIS, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 2 362 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 800 000 €
- Number of Pupil : 147 Pupil
- Cost/m2 : 338.7 €/m2
Primary energy need
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
In Paris, 100 schools have been renovated in two years to improve their energy performance! This challenge, Optimal Solutions, subsidiary Dalkia (EDF Group) noted. The program is a major component of the energy and climate plan launched by the City of Paris in 2007. The aim is to reduce CO2 emissions by 30% and achieve 30% energy savings by 2020. Why schools?
Because they represent 25% of the City of Paris real estate.
An EPC - Energy Performance Contract is an innovative business model, which reduces risks for the city, and which asserts itself as the pivot of the energy transition of local communities. On the menu: the reduction of energy losses and the installation of heating systems, regulation and lighting with high energy performance. To meet this challenge of energy performance, Optimal Solutions, for its part, has combined a tailor-made approach that integrates the architectural and thermal specificities of each school.
Optimal Solutions has deployed an intelligent digital tracking system and remote control of energy performance; planning interventions outside school time to minimize discomfort; an eco-awareness program for both municipal officials and schoolchildren, in partnership with the Éveil association, during the twenty years of the contract. This case study focuses on the renovation of one of the schools representative of the program : Ecole Paradis, located in the 10th arrondissement.
Program of work: implementation of standard operations, such as thermostatic valves, pins for managing the periods of partial occupation, regulation or improvement of class lighting. The program also includes insulation work in the basement and the replacement of joinery in the classrooms.
Interventions, managed mainly during school holidays, have avoided any inconvenience to the occupants.
Sustainable development approach of the project owner
This is the largest energy renovation program conducted in France. Goals :
- To pursue the City of Paris Climate Plan initiated in 2007: reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions by 30%.
- To renovate and modernize 100 schools (buildings from the 17th to the 21st centuries)
- To improve occupant comfort and control consumption over time
- Global strategy for a local result A global strategy has been put in place following the personalized diagnosis and analysis of the functioning of each school:
Functionalist type school, light structure - 6 classes - guardian housing + executive accommodation.Main building: reception, kitchen, refectory, housing, class, sanitary, master's room, yard, office direction, local staff
See more details about this projecthttp://www.edfoptimalsolutions.fr/nos-references/cpe-paris
Président : Arnaud Westrichhttp://www.edfoptimalsolutions.fr
Chiarodo & Maillet
[email protected]; +33(0)1 45 89 10 60http://chiarodomailletarchi.com/
DPLG architect, school diagnosis and help in the development of the overall renovation strategy
Ville de Paris
Other consultancy agency
SPS Control and Coordination Office
Heating, roofing, waterproofing, plumbing
- 124,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 164,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 253,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
An EPC - Energy Performance Contract is an innovative business model (30% energy savings and reduction of CO2 emissions guaranteed over 20 years) that reduces the risks for the city, and which asserts itself as the backbone of the energy transition of local authorities. If the performance is lower than forecast, the policyholder pays the City of Paris a compensatory amount defined by contract. In case of outperformance, the gain is shared.
- Urban network
- Heat pump
- No cooling system
- Natural ventilation
- No renewable energy systems
Awareness raising and training for children, technical staff and cleaning staff
Optimal Solutions en partenariat avec l'association Eveil
Association éveil : http://www.eveil.asso.frhttp://www.edfoptimalsolutions.fr
Management / Implication des parties prenantes
Optimal Solutions has set up a training and awareness program for 3 different targets:
- Children and teachers: at a rate of 250 courses per year, for kindergarten and CM1/CM2 students. They learn the right things and why.
- The technical agents: they manage the buildings under the tutelage of Optimal Solutions which trains them every year on the piloting of the schools. They are either agents of the City of Paris trained by Optimal Solutions, or private contractors trained regularly internally.
- The cleaning staff: They are there before and after everyone. They therefore have a key role in steering the buildings. They must be made aware not to open the windows large to ventilate the rooms and encourage them to report a malfunction.
Good acceptance in general, especially among teachers who are very demanding of this type of awareness. Energy performance is at the rendezvous
Intelligent digital system for monitoring and remote control of energy performance
Management / Facility management
Thermal probes were installed in each school: 1 per floor and per building.
All thermal centers are managed by Optimal Solutions and up the consumption data.