Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
The Empreinte house is an initiative designed and piloted by ERB, a General Construction Company from Chalonnes-sur-Loire (Maine et Loire).
The challenge taken up by Empreinte was to show that it is possible to rethink the impact of construction, alone responsible for nearly 20% of carbon emissions in France, that operational solutions exist to respond to the environmental emergencies of the sector. The project was designed as a demonstrator of new building technologies.
The project finally brought together a collective of 25 actors (start-ups, SMEs and multinationals) from the Pays de la Loire Region, with complementary know-how and expertise.
This network has enabled the construction of a 130 m² detached house with a very refined architectural style.
All the techniques and materials have been sourced and selected on the basis of very precise specifications combining circular economy, energy and environmental performance parameters.
At each stage of the project, innovative solutions have been deployed to reduce the carbon footprint of the construction as much as possible while optimizing the comfort of the inhabitants.
- Empreinte called on Terra Innova to extract the earthwork, which was then reused by neighboring agricultural land.
- The foundations and the concrete slab made it possible to test Neolith aggregates for the first time, resulting from the fossilization of waste, a new technology that launches a local and circular waste economy.
- The walls were made of recycled polymer foam . They were bred in additive construction (3D printing) by Batiprint 3D .
- The wall insulation is made of recycled PET, the roof insulation is made of cellulose wadding.
- All the interior paints of the house are paints recycled by Circouleur , recognized for their environmental performance but also for reducing interior pollution. Circouleur is the leading manufacturer of recycled paint in France: a unique concept that allows the recovery and transformation of unused paint.
- On the interior floors, a clay screed was laid. It allows the Empreinte house to take advantage of the advantages of clay in the home (natural comfort, thermal and humidity regulator, healthy materials, no VOCs, etc.). The screed was made by Argilus , the leading French manufacturer of ecological clay-based coatings and materials.
- ERB has worked with Biosfaire , which brings together a set of suppliers of biobased products for construction. The Biosfaire teams, for example, suggested using cork for the floors in the rooms.
The green spaces of the land, designed as integrated into the plans of the house, were studied by Other Landscapes in order to develop them and optimize the opportunities for permaculture (sloping roof to collect rainwater, selected species, etc.).
Beyond the construction site, Empreinte also called on several local players to furnish the house , seeking solutions in line with the construction approach implemented . We find in particular Revisit (reuse, circular economy, etc.).
See more details about this projecthttps://www.concept-empreinte.fr/
Environmental consultancyALTER, anjou loire territoire Developer in charge of the Echats eco-district on behalf of the town hall of Beaucouzé
CompanyBatiprint3D Supplier of innovative solutions to modernize the construction sector
Other consultancy agencyAB Ingénierie Project management study office
Structures calculistEven Structures
CompanyPIRO CIE Technological solutions
CompanyTerra Innova Agroecological development of site land for agriculture
CompanyCircouleur Recycled paint
ManufacturerArgilus Manufacturer of ecological clay coatings and materials
Environmental consultancyAutres paysages Landscaper
CompanyNéolithe Transformation of non-recyclable waste into aggregates
Environmental consultancyBiosfaire Vendor
Construction companyACB Construction Specialization in wood and joinery
CompanyAnjou Béton concrete supplier
CompanyJCM Confort Specialist in renewable energies, innovative heating systems
CompanyRFE Specialist in electrical equipment and home automation
CompanyYASKAWA Industrial robotics and automation systems
Environmental consultancyKRYZALID Audiovisual creation in charge of films around the project
CompanyMP Maçonnerie Project Masonry
Creation of sustainable spaces and tailor-made reusable furniture
- 340,00 m2
THERMODYNAMIC DUAL FLOW CMV - PKOM4 RANGE
2A rue de l'embranchement - 67116 REICHSTETT
VMC thermodynamic double flow
The GECO PKOM4 classic is a 4 in 1 system.
- It ensures the renewal of the air thanks to its double flow ventilation function.
- It heats and cools the air via an Air/Air heat pump
- It ensures the production of DHW via an Air/Water heat pump
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
EMPREINTE in a few figures is:
- More than 20 collaborating partners on this project
- Tons of inert waste recovered from construction waste
- E2C2 building performance
- Thousands of bottles recycled and reused in home insulation
But still :
- Rainwater from the roof recovered and reused for the needs of the house
- A permaculture garden to recreate an ecosystem in the plot of the house
Other case studies
- Gwennaël Liger
- Hélène MEYER