- Building Type : Isolated or semi-detached house
- Construction Year : 2014
- Delivery year : 2014
- Address 1 - street : 8, rue Majunga 67270 HOCHFELDEN, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 160 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 320 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 2000 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : Other )
The house Europassive® 2 Ho result of a bioclimatic design integrating the constraints of a plot and regulation of new development. The general concept was to give an overall unit to two different organizational entities: the volume heated and unheated volume. Technically structural envelope to the passive volume is continuous (including tile) to prevent any thermal bridge. It is laid on concrete sleepers. The insulation consists of cellulose wadding and blown panels of wood fibers.
- In the end, its performances are exceptional: a heating requirement of 8 kWh / m2 year
- A total primary energy consumption of 92kWh / m2 / year
Sustainable development approach of the project ownerAttached is the testimony of the Masters Authority:
"Our prime contractor has been able to move towards solutions related to solar energy, recycled and bio-based materials, and a reduced carbon footprint. He recommended solar energy for heating and domestic hot water , insulation made from recycled materials (tissue paper). During construction, recycling of waste and scrap materials was favored, most of the artisans was chosen in a perimeter of 25 km, from the perspective of a "clean" construction and low in CO2. These actions are perfectly consistent with the approach of the construction by KMO agency, which is based on wood construction and the most modern eco-labels ".
Architectural descriptionBioclimatic design, bio-based materials, very healthy indoor air.
Building users opinion
Testimonies of Mr. & Mrs. POINSOT:
We were very happy to work with the agency KMO:
• Very available to give shape to the project from the design, reflect together, suggest solutions, and advise us,
• A follow very regular and extremely reassuring site: the Work of Master has been present every day on site at key moments. The site meeting was routine each week, with mandatory presence of the speakers,
• A requirement of the Master Work of inflexible vis-à-vis the companies working on the construction, which has borne fruit so that nothing is left to chance, and that all the details are known and controlled,
• An impeccable compliance deadlines, if not record,
• A result that meets our demand, in addition to being well within the requirements of the Passivhaus label.
If you had to do it again?
The project owners have reported me to have my full confidence and would even be ready to begin the adventure to further improve the concept.
See more details about this projecthttp://www.architecture-kmo.fr/project/maison-europassive-2-ho/
- 92,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 103,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- 0,10 W.m-2.K-1
Europassive® 2 Ho House
Agence KMO / Europassive®
Gros œuvre / Système passif
Bioclimatic design, wood frame all walls, bio-sourced materials, green roof, motorized venetian blinds, VMC double flow, Canadian well, etc.
The second project was a challenge for all players since aimed to improve the whole concept and the results of the first house Europassive®.
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)Highly energy efficient an technical: European Passive House certification.
Bioclimatic, this house is fully built with wood structure, inclusing the floor slab.
The thorough reduction of thermal bridges and rigourous air-tightness enable the house to achieve exceptional performances:
- Heating needs 8kWh/m2.year ;
- Primary energy needs : 103 kWh/m2.year