- Building Type : Office building < 28m
- Construction Year : 1970
- Delivery year : 2018
- Address 1 - street : 69570 DARDILLY, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 854 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 1 500 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 1756.44 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT existant )
In 2017, KTR acquired a 70s building in western Lyon to transfer its head office in France. Diagonale Concept proposes to KTR France to carry out an exemplary eco-renovation in line with the group's values and image.
At the beginning of 2017, Marc Campesi, head of Diagonale Concept, proposes to Pierre Martin, France Director of KTR, to select 7 priority objectives:
- A first tertiary renovation with positive energy and more: Make an uncomfortable building of the 70s, a building that produces more energy than it consumes and tends towards energy autonomy. It is not always easy to insulate and quench a building under renovation. Assuming there is a limit to reducing consumption without reducing comfort (eg reduce openings), the idea of the project was to benefit from a maximum of free renewable energy to offset losses.
The building is equipped with a process that stores solar thermal energy in the rock at 150 m depth via a battery of 4 probes. It is a producer of electrical energy thanks to a photovoltaic power station, part of which is in the process of self-consumption. The self-consumption PV panels ensure, as a priority, the operation of the thermal process (supply of the pumps), supply a storage battery (no more power failure and inverter) and charging sockets for electric vehicles. Some figures: Production 42MWh / Consumption 26 MWh (values estimated regulatory uses by fluids BET in year N + 2). The set is equipped with a monitoring. The first figures consolidate the estimates. All purpose, the building remains positive.
- A low carbon approach: The use of biobased or recycled (and / or recyclable) materials guided the choice of products implemented as well as the life cycle analysis (LCA). French hemp and cork for insulation, products from recycling on the ground, exterior wood joinery, cladding made from compressed Kraft or reconstituted wood. And of course a positive energy building with self-consumption. Local businesses for limited travel.
- An intelligent building connected to the service of user comfort and quality of use. With my smartphone, I have access to all shutter closing functions, external gates, security systems ... The building performances are displayed live (positive energy, autonomy, co2). The building is equipped with a GTB that tracks the information of nearly 80 sensors.
-Quality of life at work and sanitary quality: Ensure that this building is pleasant to live and that it contributes to the wellbeing and the health of users. The facilities were the subject of prior consultation with users with the intervention of an ergonomist. Each workstation is equipped with an electric desk to alternate between standing and sitting (blood circulation). The building is largely glazed (+ 20% compared to the building reference system RT2012), it is bright. The interior views were neat, and the planted workspaces including some acoustic panels. Artificial lighting partly self-dimming according to daylight. The sanitary quality of the frame has been studied with care until the door handles of the toilets which are bactericidal. A consultant air quality and sanitary quality accompanied the companies during the works for the choice of materials without VOC and the systems of air treatment. Indoor air quality monitoring was set up for 2 months after reception. CO2 and hygrometry in the premises are monitored daily with a display per room. In summer, the building is not air conditioned but equipped with a cooling floor connected to the geothermal probes. With the accompaniment of a facilitator, the kitchen gardens contribute to the good living together as the picking of the first fruits and vegetables from the garden and fruit trees planted in the spring of 2018 ...
DesignerRessources green Building (Ingénieur bâtiment et architecte d'intérieur) Marc Campesi & Sophie Sturlese Marc Campesi tel 06 33 04 18 04 firstname.lastname@example.org Programming, technical and architectural study, space design
Thermal consultancy agencyAmstein et Walthert Corentin Maucoronel Tel. 06 20 91 22 79, email@example.com Fluid study, thermal and air quality
CompanyTerre et Lac Thierry Franck
Manufacturerdualsun Jean Marie Drap +33 6 66 84 70 47 firstname.lastname@example.org supply hybrid panels
ManufacturerBiofib Olivier Merle 0619300417 email@example.com supply hemp insulation
ManufacturerMapei CORALIE DUCHER T. 06 75 94 51 09 email firstname.lastname@example.org supply floor resin / air quality group
ManufacturerSonepar Melkonian Gilbert 06 82 64 20 46 email@example.com supply and advice lighting / home automation / digital
Owner approach of sustainability
The aim was to create a building that reflects our company and its values: an innovative building with excellent working conditions for our employees. KTR is an independent company that does not depend on financial groups, the new building should also tend towards a form of autonomy particularly energy plan.
The group has already built high-performance buildings in Germany and Europe, particularly from an energy point of view. The idea was to renovate the Dardilly building with a high level of energy performance and a comfortable and ergonomic work environment for our employees and customers. Marc Campesi of Diagonale Concept has proposed to go further and to integrate a more global eco-responsible dimension to the project while involving the employees of the company. The final result is very satisfactory, the renovation was completed in less than 11 months with a very positive dynamic on the site. The building has become a reference in the KTR group. Careful detailing and finishing were particularly appreciated during the inauguration of the building in the presence of the leaders of the group and all the world directorates.
The desire to integrate the building in a very gentle way in the landscape has naturally imposed itself from the design. As a renovation work on the envelope and landscaping allowed us to melt the building in its environment by combining mineral and vegetable in the building elements. The bioclimatic design guided the work on the envelope especially the free inputs via large windows in the South and West. The presence of awning to the south (terrace) and to the west (photovoltaic panels) is complemented by sun breezes that punctuate the façade and protect the occupants from summer overheating. . The removal of bitumen from the car park, the vegetal reinforcement on the exteriors and the roofs will contribute to the thermal comfort in summer. The all-season comfort is reinforced by the quality of biosourced insulation and cladding that contribute to the thermal phase shift and hygro-regulation. In terms of spatial organization, the initial consultation work conducted with the users made it possible to respond to collective and individual expectations.
If you had to do it again?
The constraint of passage of the networks must be well evaluated in renovation. Theoretical plots are not always simple to implement. The connected building component is complex with a multitude of communication protocols, closed systems and businesses that have had trouble communicating with the digital world and GTB or home automation. If it were to be redone, it would be necessary to reinforce the work of consultation upstream between the integrators of the GTB, the companies, the industrialists and the users.
Building users opinion
After the break-in and adaptation phase to change of site and organization of workstations, the level of satisfaction is very good. A consultation work 2 months after integration has revealed corrective actions to be conducted including the desired individual control of Led pavers. Some LED luminaires are to be replaced because they are considered too dazzling despite a UGr <19.
Humidity sensors and occupants reported high humidity in the morning. This hygrometry is due to a late morning start of the central dual flow of air treatment to reduce electrical consumption and probably wastewater site. This moisture supply of building materials (screeds etc ..) will be evacuated within a few months
For the rest not back since the activation of home automation and handling systems.
- 67,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 221,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 38,00 kWhef/m2.an
- 363,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- Geothermal heat pump
- Low temperature floor heating
- Individual electric boiler
- Geothermal heat pump
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar photovoltaic
- Solar Thermal
- Heat Pump on geothermal probes
- Heat pump
- 160,00 %
- 1,00 KgCO2/m2/an
- 11,00 KgCO2 /m2
- 50,00 an(s)
Life Cycle Analysis
Indoor Air quality
Health & Comfort
Jean Marie Drap +33 6 66 84 70 47 firstname.lastname@example.org
Génie climatique, électricité / Chauffage, eau chaude
Hybrid PV panels and hot water
Water cools the panels and increases the efficiency of the V
Modules SUNPOWER (France)
Terre et lac
Christophe Paris / Terre et lac / email@example.com / tel 06 89 86 07 59
Second œuvre / Equipements électriques (courants forts/faibles)
Output is about 2.5% higher than other multicrystalline modules.
96 Monocrystalline cells Maxeon Gen. II
Product warranty 25 years,
Power Curve: 95% over the first 5 years, -0.4% per year until the year 25 (87% at 25 years)
Updated PV CYCLE membership (recycling of the modules included in the installation - Rousset plant (13))
Energy and temperate climates
- 1st tertiary energy renovation with all-purpose positive energy, storage of solar and electric thermal energy
- Self-consumption of photovoltaic energy: I consume on site the electricity produced, I charge my electric car ...
- 42 MWh production including 7.2 MWh (auto power consumption) / consumption 26 MWh (estimated values for regulatory purposes)
- In terms of all-purpose consumption (regulatory + office automation) the building absorbs more CO2 than it emits thanks to the production of PV. We only talk about the exploitation, the life cycle of the PV and their impact C0 2 in manufacturing is not understood.
- The use of bio-sourced or recycled materials (and / or recyclable): example hemp and cork insulation
- Awareness of the LCA companies and companions on site to limit carbon impacts (manufacturing and transport) with a competition organized for industrialists on site.
- Positive energy building only with renewable energies (solar, photovoltaic, PV solar hybrid panels, geothermal probes)
- Local businesses
Health and comfort:
- Ergonomics study: electrical offices, quality of use, comfort of the seats, concerted design before and after installation
- Internal mobility of workstations by creating multipurpose spaces (meeting and break room).
- Air quality approach with business training and premises monitoring (VOC, TVOC, CO2, hygrometry)
- Very glazed, vegetated work spaces with selected exterior views
- Neat and comfortable break area (possibility to lie down) -sports room
- Vegetable gardens with training in outdoor space with a positive biodiversity approach