- Building Type : Isolated or semi-detached house
- Construction Year : 1976
- Delivery year : 2022
- Address 1 - street : 586 Route de Jarnioux 69640 PORTE DES PIERRES DORéES, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 200 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 165 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 825 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
A 2-storey house built in 1976 for a family of winegrowers with a use :
- Ground floor: garage, cellar, boiler room, room for grape pickers
- 1st floor: living apartment with 3 bedrooms
As buyers, we decided to renovate the building by offering a better energetic performance and by using a maximum of reused materials.
In order to be efficient, we divided the roles between us:
- 1 person was in charge of the energetic renovation + CEE and Maprimerenov help
- 1 person was in charge of finding the materials from the reuse
Building users opinion
It is difficult to express an opinion because the renovation work is not finished and the house is not yet occupied.
If you had to do it again?
We would add solar panels on the roof.
- 52,00 kWhep/m2.an
- 475,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
The house is located on an agricultural land (therefore not buildable) between the villages of Pouilly-Le-Monial and Jarnioux, in the Commune of Porte des Pierres Dorées.
To the east, a wood (abandoned) of 10.000m2 runs along the width of the land.
To the north, an uncultivated meadow of 8.000m2 runs along the land.
To the south, the departmental road that connects the 2 villages passes by.
To the west, there is a hamlet with about ten individual houses with private gardens.
Bus stop in front of the house.
Primary school at 800m.
The shops are reachable by car, except for a supermarket, bakery and hairdresser at 600m in the center of Pouilly le Monial.
Land plot area
2 752,00 m2
Several cars (4 or 5) can park outside. 2 cars can park in the outbuilding. Several bicycles can be parked inside the outbuilding or outside.
Reuse : same function or different function
- Indoor joineries
- Outdoor joineries
- Heating ventilation air conditioning
- Wood for terrace 50m2
- Stone for low wall 2m3
- Faucets (11 taps for: 1 kitchen, 2 showers, 3 sinks, 1 laundry, 1 bathtub, 2 hand washers)
- 1 Bathtub
- 1 laundry sink
- 1 Kitchen sink
- 5 Cast iron radiators
- Earthenware Bathrooms: 15m2 in total
- Floating parquet : 70m2 (all the parquet)
- Tile floor SDB: 25m2 (the totality of the grounds of the SDB and WC+Cagibi)
- Interior doors: 16 doors and closet doors (all)
- Garage doors: 1 door
- Windows: 2 windows
- Shutters: 1 pair of shutters
- Interior insulation in Cellulose Wadding: 243m2
- Placo : 270m2
- Wall and ceiling paint : 9 pots of 15l
- Kitchen : 13 boxes + 13 cupboards
- Terrace wood : from a student housing in Nantes, reused for the same purpose
- Stone for low walls: from local individuals
- All faucets (Nobili brand) are former "show-room" products that could no longer be sold on the market
- Bathtub: from a construction site for an Accord hotel in Nantes. They decided at the end to replace the bathtubs by showers, they were resold via a platform specialized in the reuse of building materials (Articonnex)
- Laundry sink: ceramic sink from the old kitchen that will be relocated in the laundry room
- Kitchen sink: sink recovered from a private individual
- 5 Cast iron radiators that were already in the house. We dismantled, cleaned, repainted and re-installed them
- Bathroom tiles: one part from the end of the building sites, the other from the remaining batches of end of collections that could not be sold normally; some tiles were purchased from Mineka, a platform specialized in reuse
- Parquet: end of collection German manufacturer intended for the skip, bought via a platform specialized in reuse of building materials (Articonnex)
- Floor tiles SDB: recovered from a private individual and a physical platform specialized in the reuse of building materials (Mineka)
- Interior doors: we recycled all the doors of the house regardless of their condition.
- The garage doors become sliding doors to access the laundry room
- The old windows were transformed into a small greenhouse for the garden
- Shutters: 1 pair of shutters on a new opening that was created. bought from a private individual on leboncoin.fr
- Interior insulation in cellulose wadding
- Recycled and recyclable placo certified "Cradle to Cradle
- Paint: 95% recycled paint from the Circouleur brand to paint 320m2 of Walls and Ceilings
- Kitchen : second hand kitchen + appliances bought from a private individual and recomposed according to the surface of our kitchen
- Participation in home sales to buy second hand tools
- Asking our entourage to lend us some tools
- Wooden door frames ;
- All the furnishings of the house including: Sofas, armchairs, tables, beds, wardrobes, shelves, household appliances (oven, toaster, washing machine, hotplates, freezer, hood), summer garden furniture...
- Decoration: dishes, vases, frames, mirrors, illumination (lamps, sconces..), all garden tools (lawnmower, drizzle, watering can, hose, shovel, rake, garden stone sink...).
|Categories||Avoided CO2 (kg)||Avoided water consumption (m3)||Avoided waste (kg)|
|Exterior fittings / Locksmithing - Metalwork||0||0||0|
|Roofing / Exterior fittings||0||0||0|
|Climatic engineering equipment||0||0||0|
|Floor and wall coverings||18,195||0,0398||230,516326|
|Locksmithing - metalwork||37,57576588||0,212741603||66,70446444|
|Avoided CO2 (kg)||Avoided water consumption (m3)||Avoided waste (kg)|
|Km in a small car||Nb of rectangular bathtubs||nb of years of household waste of a French person|
|Equivalent trip from Paris to Nice||57,0|
The results of the impact calculation do not include the reuse of the following furnishing materials :
Our objective is not limited to the material of re-use of the second work, but also not to make recourse to the extration of raw material in the decorative aspet: we buy (or recuperate) only articles second hand, or in the case of the electric household appliances, reconditioned products.
Reproductibility and Innovation
- 2 000 €
- 60 %
- 25 000 €
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
Working in the circular economy in the building sector on the one hand, and in the energy precariousness on the other, it seemed obvious to us, when we had to start the reflection on the renovation of the house, to improve as much as possible the energetic performance of the house with ecological materials and by making a maximum of re-use of materials to reduce the extraction of the raw material.
Our objectives for the renovation were :
- To improve the initial energetic performance
- To make a maximum of reuse in the construction and interior design, keeping as much as possible the materials already existing in the house (doors, radiators, floors ...)