- by Florian Bosc Malavergne
- 2022-05-17 00:00:00
- 1109 / FR
- Building Type : Office building < 28m
- Construction Year : 1947
- Delivery year : 2021
- Address 1 - street : 7 rue Antoine Bourdelle 75015 PARIS, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 4 631 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 6 547 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 1413.73 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
Close to Montparnasse train station, this building was built by the ancestor of the EDF company, the "Compagnie de Distribution d'Electricité Parisienne" (CPDE). It has always been dedicated to the management of Parisian public lighting.
Designed in 1938 by the architect Urbain Cassan, it was originally supposed to be twice as large. Only half of the program was built! Combined with the pre-brutalist architecture of the exposed concrete structure, its accidental asymmetry gives its facades an elegance that is as austere as it is atypical.
The renovation of this office and logistics building in a circular economy includes the creation of an agricultural greenhouse on the roof. The construction cycle allowed the reuse of deposits from the renovation site in the extension project. Thus the exterior joinery making up the existing running strips was reused to form the new openings of the agricultural greenhouse.
More broadly, the renovation project involves an impact reduction approach by promoting reuse, the use of recycled, sustainable materials, and refined and transformable furnishing solutions.
If you had to do it again?
In the private market, the logic could lead to involving the company upstream to carry out more "test" removals and validate a reuse process. The same goes for the technical controller, whose conventional involvement can sometimes lead to impasses during construction. Preliminary tests should be reinforced in the same way.
See more details about this projecthttps://www.siarchitectes.com/portfolio/eco-bureaux
Credits: Si Architectes - Damien Boboc & Florian Bosc Malavergne
Except video of the assembly of the greenhouse, credit: Serres Anciennes - Guillaume Durost
Florian BOSC MALAVERGNE
Florian BOSC MALAVERGNEhttps://www.siarchitectes.com
Thermal consultancy agency
Other consultancy agency
BOUYGUES ENERGIES SERVICES
Bouygues Energies Services
Type of market
Design and implementation
- Gas boiler
- Individual electric boiler
- No cooling system
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar photovoltaic
- 3,08 %
Reuse : same function or different function
- Outdoor joineries
- Suspended ceilings
- Openable carpentry making up the running strips of the R+2 level - 43m² - 40 units - in-situ
- Slabs reused in-situ - 980m²
- Reuse slabs - 1000m² - from another company removal site
- Parquet floors - 150m² - in-situ
- Carpet - 30m² - company unused stock
- Protective gravel for technical flat roofs - 7m3 - in-situ
- PVC tube (EU) - 35ml - company unused stock
- Downlight luminaires - 71 units - in-situ
- LED tiles - 247 units - in-situ
- Exterior wall lights - 7 units - in-situ
- Fluorescent tubes - 126 units - POLIX lamps - Maximum Design
|Categories||Avoided CO2 (kg)||Avoided water consumption (m3)||Avoided waste (kg)|
|Exterior fittings / Locksmithing - Metalwork||0||0||0|
|Roofing / Exterior fittings||14.322||0.1666455||771.7832388|
|Climatic engineering equipment||0||0||0|
|Floor and wall coverings||0||0||0|
|Locksmithing - metalwork||0||0||0|
|TOTAL||Avoided CO2 (kg)||Avoided water consumption (m3)||Avoided waste (kg)|
|Km in a small car||Nb of rectangular bathtubs||
|Equivalent trajet Paris- Nice||471.0|
The re-use operation saved the equivalent of 414909 kilometers driven by a small car, or 471 trips from Paris to Nice, 2421 rectangular bathtubs filled with water and 113 years of household waste of a French person.
- TRICYCLE ENVIRONMENT: 11 employees in professional integration
- METISSE LE RELAIS: all company profits are reinvested in the creation of sustainable jobs.
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
The circular economy renovation approach, jointly supported by the Project Owner and the Project Management on the project, experimentally prefigures the future of rehabilitation. It is part of an optimization of resources specific to the site and the building in terms of functionality, equipment and architecture. It organizes the project according to opportunities related to existing spaces, to demolitions. It favors the use of biosourced, recycled or reused materials. It optimizes the processing and recycling of construction site waste.
Building candidate in the category
Bâtiments tertiaires / prix de la rénovation
Author of the page
Other case studies
- Yasmina Sandoz
The School of the "Chat Perché" (France)
- Florence Devernay
Revitalization of the Bourg Center
- Emmanuel d'Envirobat Centre
Former Lapaire School of Sancoins
- Emmanuel d'Envirobat Centre