- Address 1 - street : 04290 CENTRE BOURG ,VOLONNE, France
- Starting year of the project : 2017
- Delivery year of the project : 2019
2 677 375 €
The Volonne project is part of the town center, which, in continuity with the historic village core, is the heart of the commune's social life. The Center-Bourg project aims to reinforce this centrality at communal and intercommunal scales:
- by redeveloping public spaces with amenities that meet the expectations of different users, in a shared and peaceful way,
- by rethinking the mobilities and the place of the car,
- developing the range of equipment, especially around children,
- offering new services, particularly around health,
- by improving the supply of housing (seniors and social rental). This project is part of an exemplary approach to its governance and design. It pursues ambitious objectives on the ecological level, and more generally on the 3 pillars of sustainable development, while remaining coherent and realistic with the financial capacities of a small municipality in rural areas.
The project obtained the labels:
- QDM SILVER Level: Mediterranean Sustainable Neighborhoods
- BDM Level GOLD: Sustainable Mediterranean Buildings for the health center, the residence of the Tour du Gue and the Femuy
- Ecoquartier label Step 2
- Public spaces
- Green spaces
- Urban développement permit
- Quality of life
- Economic development
- Energy /Climate
- Ecodistrict national label
- Ecodistrict national label
Type of territory
The town belongs to the department of Alpes de Haute Provence (04), in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur. It is located at the confluence between Sisteron, Digne-les-Bains and Château-Arnoux-St-Auban, on the east shore of the Durance.
It enjoys a privileged access by road thanks to the dense road and motorway network, locating Volonne 15 minutes from Sisteron 1 hour from Aix-en-Provence, 1h30 from Marseille 2 hours from Grenoble and Avignon 3 hours from Lyon and Nice 7 hours from Paris .
There is a concentration of transport infrastructure and agglomeration of municipalities along the Durance.
The population of Volonne is 1,700 inhabitants.
[Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
Green areas, roofs included
4 200 m²
Number of residential units
Number of social housing units
- The technical coordination committee
- Technical meetings
- Specific committees
- Specific tools: PUP - Partnership Urban Project with a social lessor H2P
- Citizen Association: The project has been the subject of consultation of the population since 2015 by meetings "workshops" and the inhabitants are the actors.
- articles in the municipal newsletter and in the press
- photos and articles consultation
- posters and letters for participatory meetings
- presentation panels at the town hall
- participatory meetings
- positioning of the cafeteria next to the nursery school to limit the trips of toddlers,
- outdoor spaces, uses of the castle square, place of childhood, traffic loop on the Place Charles de Gaulle.
Technical consultancy agency
Adret economist Daniel Noël
Environmental consultancy agency
Office of study fluids and environmental quality
Technical consultancy agency
Office of study structure
R + 4 Architects
Social inclusion and safety
- Inclusion of social insertion clauses in the Business Consultation Files for VRD lots and / or Green Spaces.
- The school staff and the children of the communal kindergarten and primary schools) will be associated for the creation and the maintenance of the educational gardens and the place of the childhood.
- For example, during out-of-school activities, children will have to draw and then make the cobbled calade in primary schools.
- Family gardens will be made available to the inhabitants of the commune. A public meeting was held on the 16/05/2017 to present the project of allotment gardens to the inhabitants.
The public health house, has obtained the label "Mediterranean sustainable building" silver level. 17 to 20 health professionals were hired. 453 m2 on 2 levels, extensive consultation with professionals.
An extension of the health center is being studied in the former treasury to accommodate other professionals wishing to share the premises and common means.
Surface of shops: existing on the course Paulon. The desire of the community is to reinforce this commercial reinforcement by rehabilitating streets and squares and not to add new commercial units.
- Requalification by reducing the right-of-way of the Fémuy crossroads with optimization of traffic directions and parking (30 places) - A portion of the land at this junction is used for the construction of the health center
- Reinforcement of the two bicycle parking lots by 6 new parking lots
- Creation of an electric vehicle terminal
- Creating pedestrian paths to cross the island
- Zone 30 and crossing platform
- Securing the bus stop and pedestrian movements
- Recalibrating the RD4 to create a more generous sidewalk
- Plantation of an alignment structuring the entrance of city
- Securing the boulevard with urban and landscape treatments
- The separation of sanitation networks. (non-existent separating network)
- The creation of gutters and gates draining to capture the runoff and to route them to the collection works.
- The valorization of a part of the roof waters by storage in vats allowing the watering of various gardens (nursery)
- Maintaining existing natural outlets (filioles / ditches)
- Creation of voluntary points of contribution within the scope of the project
- Composting: incitement by the town hall for the inhabitants
- Establishment of shared composting between social housing and family gardens.
- Collection of green waste and recovery at the scale of the municipality: once a year: grind
- Green site charter and approach accompanied by the Building Federation and Ademe 31
- The project makes an important use of biosourced materials: wood structure, wood fiber insulation, wood frame.
- 95% of existing asphalt from recycled construction site
- Recycling rate of construction waste: DIB 81% - IRON 100% - WOOD 95% - GRAVATS AND INERT 85%
- Recovery rate of demolition waste: 100%
- Waste management
Biodiversity and natural areas
- Creation of a place of childhood, privileged meeting place
- Crossing path support of soft modes and lined with family gardens with varied atmospheres
- Shared green spaces: educational gardens, collective orchard and meadow, family gardens, free play area, plots
- Maintenance of existing plants: Only 3 trees were cut down. The maintenance of cypresses and walnut trees in place necessitated the fragmentation of the housing project into several buildings
- Zero phyto management implemented actively
Climate adaptation, resources conservation, GHG emissions
- The health house is planned in passive cooling by well
- Establishment of shaded spaces on the public space, and maintenance of a sunny area for the winter.
- All the buildings are instrumented for a follow-up during two years: differential counting of the consumptions, probe of temperature, display of the consumptions, follow-up of the office of study environmental quality.
- An important work is put in place to ensure maximum summer comfort: Natural ventilation at night, solar protection, air brewers, passive cooling, strong vegetation.
- RT 2012 - 20% for public facilities and social housing
- New public lighting: autonomous and Leds
- The project involves setting up a wood heat network, with 9 buildings connected at term.
- Electricity suppliers are 100% renewable energy