Baptized "UAE's first sustainable autonomous house", this new office building in Dubai, was realized in 2016 as a pioneering “pilot project” for MBRSC, a governmental research body. It is the first one to obtain the certification (...)
The Mosaic Centre for Conscious Community and Commerce is going to more than an office building. This new, 3000 m2 building will be located at the threshold of a commercial strip and the emerging Edmonton community of Summerside (...)
KabonaABKabona is a company which works with energenious energy building automation and the company’s head office is locatedin Borås, Sweden. Kabona was founded in 2001 and has long-standing and solidexperience, which has formed the (...)
The project participates in the NZEB and Health and Comfort contests because:
- It yields very high energy efficiency, especially if we consider the double challenge of achieving Denmark 2020 energy performance threshold in China and in a climate zone where both winter (-10°C with siberian Wind) and summer (40°C humid) are hard.
- The building has achieved the expected energy performance in real life after a careful M&V period of two years
- The building achieves a good ratio of renewable energy rate with the contribution of Ground Source Heat Pump and Building Integrated Solar Thermal systems (although it was not designed to reach NZEB at this stage but there is a potential of coupling the project with cogeneration based on the wood waste from the window factory on site)
- The building design was focused around the objective of energy performance. Not only the envelope is very efficient but the HVAC systems are well combined, a proper mix between efficient technologies and innovation. We must mention that combining VAV dedicated outdoor air system, radiant slabs/ceilings based on extreme thermal mass effect and ground source heat pump was a challenge in China and a lot of effort has been put on the integration of systems and on quality insurance. Lastly the BMS has been carefully designed and defined to just meet the need (no extra/unnecessary functions, the priority has been given to the use)
- The building also aims at very good comfort level. The target comfort and indoor air quality level have been defined as per CEN recommendation report 1752:1999 Class B
- Fresh air rate has been increased by 30% compared to the above mentioned Baseline both in order to improve IAQ and to meet comfort zone. Indeed the project is so efficient that only preconditionned fresh air is required to meet comfort. This is also possible thanks to the principle of TABS (Thermally Active Building Slab) that make best use of thermal mass
- Comfort and Health is also ensured by an abundant daylight. One can say that Velux has designed the architecture of the project around daylight, that it is the DNA of the building. As a result indoor spaces are very pleasant. Daylight and views on outdoor space (large green spaces with "happy farm" concept are visible from one side of the building) are known to be important factors for workers well-being.