<span lang="EN-US" style='background: white; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 11.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 宋体; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-fareast; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;'>The total construction area is 14527.17m2, underground area is 2164.87m2,6 floors area is 12362.3m2, the height of building is 23.55m, concrete framestructure, designed seismic intensity is 6 degrees;<span lang="EN-US" style='background: white; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 11.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 宋体; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-fareast; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;'>Use features: the building is (...)
In March 2014, Tecto Arhitectura was appointed to design the new office building for HSR factory in Reci, Covasna, as the first large scale project with CLT structure in south-east Europe. The main challenge was to create an office (...)
The building is located in a neighborhood of San José, Costa Rica, whose buildings date back to the second half of the 20th century.The vast majority of them are houses, but some of them have been transformed into shops and offices (...)
The project participates in the NZEB and Health and Comfort contests because:
- It yields very high energy efficiency, especially if we consider the double challenge of achieving Denmark 2020 energy performance threshold in China and in a climate zone where both winter (-10°C with siberian Wind) and summer (40°C humid) are hard.
- The building has achieved the expected energy performance in real life after a careful M&V period of two years
- The building achieves a good ratio of renewable energy rate with the contribution of Ground Source Heat Pump and Building Integrated Solar Thermal systems (although it was not designed to reach NZEB at this stage but there is a potential of coupling the project with cogeneration based on the wood waste from the window factory on site)
- The building design was focused around the objective of energy performance. Not only the envelope is very efficient but the HVAC systems are well combined, a proper mix between efficient technologies and innovation. We must mention that combining VAV dedicated outdoor air system, radiant slabs/ceilings based on extreme thermal mass effect and ground source heat pump was a challenge in China and a lot of effort has been put on the integration of systems and on quality insurance. Lastly the BMS has been carefully designed and defined to just meet the need (no extra/unnecessary functions, the priority has been given to the use)
- The building also aims at very good comfort level. The target comfort and indoor air quality level have been defined as per CEN recommendation report 1752:1999 Class B
- Fresh air rate has been increased by 30% compared to the above mentioned Baseline both in order to improve IAQ and to meet comfort zone. Indeed the project is so efficient that only preconditionned fresh air is required to meet comfort. This is also possible thanks to the principle of TABS (Thermally Active Building Slab) that make best use of thermal mass
- Comfort and Health is also ensured by an abundant daylight. One can say that Velux has designed the architecture of the project around daylight, that it is the DNA of the building. As a result indoor spaces are very pleasant. Daylight and views on outdoor space (large green spaces with "happy farm" concept are visible from one side of the building) are known to be important factors for workers well-being.