- Building Type : Hotel, boarding house
- Construction Year : 2013
- Delivery year : 2014
- Address 1 - street : Le Marais Girard 85470 BRETIGNOLLES SUR MER, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 1 300 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 2 600 000 €
- Cost/m2 : 2000 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : RT 2005 )
The old farmhouse “Marais Girard" is located 300 m from the beach, at the joint between a residential area, a rural area of marshes and a beach area. The site, with an area of 1.2 ha includes two existing buildings: the farm house with its barn and a wetland fed by a landscaped valley.The project consists in the creation of an ecological village for holidays composed of 16 villas (3 types) and common buildings (restaurant, bar, pool,participatory kitchen, greenhouse, dryer, hall creations). The program facilities and architecture meet the needs of vacationers affording privacy while providing a strong connection with the natural environment, the urban context and seaside activities. Traffic on the site is done only on foot or by bike.The bias of the villas is to provide a real time spatial experience in a summerstay.
DesignerTICA marie Périn design and production
Owner approach of sustainability
The client wanted a global sustainable development approach so induced in all areas of the project from its planning to its operation. Therefore, we participated in creative workshops on this topic to determine most relevant fields of action to develop and how to prioritize the project. The sustainable development approach is therefore built on programming, integration into the site,design of buildings, construction processes and materials, recovery, equipment, renewable energy, usage, maintenance ... even the choice of detergents to laundry services.
The old farmhouse "Marais Girard" is located 300 m from the beach, at the joint between a residential area, a rural area of marshes and a beach area. With a total area of 1.2 ha the site includes two existing buildings: the farm house and barn and the wetland fed by a landscaped valley. The project consists in creating an ecological holiday village composed of 16 villas (first phase:pontoons villas made), 5 guest rooms, a company housing and communal buildings (restaurant, bar, pool, kitchen participatory, greenhouse, dryer, hall creations). The program, facilities and architecture meet the needs of privacy of vacationers while providing a strong connection with natural environment, urban context and seaside activities. Circulation on the site is done only on foot or by bike. The bias of the villas is to provide a real time spatial experience in a summer stay. Public areas are partly formed by the old farmhouse rehabilitation and partly by the new construction. The program draws its originality from close collaboration between the main contractor and the client in feasibility phase / programming. This architectural program was developed after creative workshops and includes:
- A hall that will host the creations of temporary events such as designers markets, flea markets, organic markets. - A "collective kitchen" restaurant is designed in a close relation with a garden of flavors and a vegetable greenhouse that will host school groups to introduce them to organic food.
- A "natural laundry service" for washing and natural drying for the hotel and families staying at the villas. This device incorporates the features of "local dryers" and reduces the carbon footprint while ensuring an educational and recreational tool.
- The "pontoons villas" were created for seasonal use from April to October. These habitats are exploring the boundary between inside and outside by a set of sealed and insulated modules, as the rooms and the bathroom, which define a common living space with the possibility to completely open to the outside. These spaces are allocated on a levitating pontoon where are placed the private and public terraces, accesses and outdoor showers. - An intermediate level between the level of housing and land allow seats in the South directly related to the protected area of the reed bed and avoid the installation of railings. These spaces are deployed under a common protection of roof solar panels. The other patio perched Villas will be conducted in a second phase of construction.
If you had to do it again?
Convincing the owner to build all the Villas at once and not in two different phases due to the difficulties for landscape regeneration and constraints of seasonal activity.
Building users opinion
Information to be collected for managers.
- 23 kWhep/m2.an
- 45 kWhep/m2.an
- 23 kWhef/m2.an
- 150 kWhep/m2.an
- 0 W.m-2.K-1 BET ALBDO
ISONAT more 55 Flex
ZA Le Moulin - 10, rue Pierre Giraud BP 23 - 69470 COURS-LA-VILLE Tél. 04 74 89 95 96 Fax 04 74 89 88 89 email@example.com
Finishing work / Partitions, insulation
Wood fiber for insulation between wooden posts of 145mm
Difficultty in it acceptance by the control office. As a public establishment,high fire resistance standars were required. So, percentages of wood used for interior coatings were negociated and firewall (as fermacell) screens were implemented to mix with interior finishes.
Rexolatte The wood fiber plaster M0 ERP
firstname.lastname@example.org Tél: + 33 (0) 148 94 96 86 UNILIN INSULATION SAS Immeuble Estreo 1-3 rue d'Aurion 93110 Rosny-sous-Bo
Structural work / Carpentry, cover, titghtness
Insulating sandwich panels with integrated chevrons to isolate existing buildings over the frame and leave well apparent.
Difficulty in acceptance by the control office for the fire resistance + project economics.
The old farmhouse "Marais Girard" is located 300 m from the beach, at the joint between a residential area, a rural area of marshes and a beach area. The site with 1.2 ha, includes two existing buildings: the farm house and barn and a wetland fed by a landscaped valley.
Land plot area
12 000 m2
- Tous les isolants sont naturels et les bois de construction et finition sont certifiés.
- Les revêtements intérieurs dans les anciens bâtiment de la ferme rénovés sont en chaux/chanvre.
- Les bois issus de la déconstruction d'une grange on été réutilisés en cloisons séparatives et décoration dans les chambres et espaces communs. Les chevrons ont été coupés et utilisés pour constituer un bardage pour l'accueil sous forme de patchwork.
- Les tuiles de l'existant qui ont dues être changées ont été utilisées pour constituer les murs d'un séchoir au naturel pour le linge de l'hôtel et les besoins des vacanciers.