Izuba Energies Building
- Building Type : Office building < 28m
- Construction Year : 2015
- Delivery year : 2015
- Address 1 - street : 34690 FABRèGUES, France
- Climate zone : [Csa] Interior Mediterranean - Mild with dry, hot summer.
- Net Floor Area : 453 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 934 000 €
- Number of Work station : 18 Work station
- Cost/m2 : 2061.81 €/m2
Primary energy need
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
Specialized in energy and environmental optimization of buildings, Izuba Energies develops and disseminates tools for the energy transition (studies, software, training). To cope with the development of its business, the company decided to build its headquarters and offices near Montpellier, on Ecoparc Fabrègues. This building reflects what IZUBA Energies supported since its creation in 2001: a "negawatt" energy approach with its 3 components (simplicity, efficiency and renewable energy), coupled with a comprehensive approach integrating hygrothermal comfort, gray energy components, user behavior, waste management, indoor air quality, the transport of employees... the realization of the Izuba Energies building embodies an exemplary achievement of its business plan and its expertise.
Sustainable development approach of the project ownerThe goal was to build a positive energy building, using local bio-based materials, to reduce environmental impacts.
Architectural descriptionThe architectural design, voluntarily sober, was based on bioclimatic principles: the building must adapt better to the Mediterranean climate to ensure occupant comfort.
In winter heating requirements are reduced to a minimum:
• The building has a simple shape and a good compactness, to limit loss surfaces.
• The main facade south favors solar gain in offices, the majority on this orientation. Storage facilities and service are positioned buffer space to the north.
• The choice of timber frame insulated with straw provides a very high level of insulation of the walls.
In summer, the envelope limit overheating by adopting the following principles:
• The building is equipped with fixed and mobile solar protection blocking direct sunlight while allowing solar gain in winter.
• The thermal inertia, rather light wood frame is reinforced by interior partitions earth-straw and mud brick.
• A natural night ventilation is made possible by the opening of swinging woodwork on two opposite sides of the building and glass transoms facing traffic. Circulations are lighted and ventilated by office doors and exterior doors at the end of the corridor, all glass and equipped with overhead transoms.
Building users opinion
The occupant satisfaction is generally very positive. The premises are considered light, with a healthy and warm atmosphere due to the presence of wood and earth. Thermal comfort is sometimes difficult to adjust to the individual sensitivity of the occupants (heating / cooling floor).
If you had to do it again?
The vast majority of products and systems implemented were satisfactory. The exception is the anhydrite screed left rough after sanding and applying a hard protective oil. Due to problems of tasks and premature wear corrective action is being studied to make the hard, impervious surface, while respecting the objective of air quality inside.
See more details about this projecthttp://batiment.izuba.fr
Eduardo Serodio - [email protected] - 0467186221http://www.izuba.fr
energy engineer - communications
Rigassi Architectes Associés
Mr Vincent Rigassi - [email protected] - 0476471172http://www.ra2.fr
Stéphanie Gautier - [email protected] - 0467184894http://www.izuba.fr
energy engineer - responsible building project
Type of market
Global performance contract
- 20,40 kWhep/m2.an
- 135,00 kWhep/m2.an
Real final energy consumption
- 0,38 W.m-2.K-1
- Geothermal heat pump
- Low temperature floor heating
- Fan coil
- Solar thermal
- Solar Thermal
- Geothermal heat pump
- Fan coil
- Floor cooling
- Natural ventilation
- Double flow heat exchanger
- Solar photovoltaic
- Solar Thermal
- Heat Pump on geothermal probes
- 317,00 %
- 1 036,00 m2
- 26,00 %
Timber frame insulation straw
Route de Bonlieu 26 450 CLEON D'ANDRAN - 0475901534http://www.sudestcharpentes.com/
Structural work / Carpentry, cover, titghtness
Leaning on the concrete slab of the ground floor, the building's wooden structure consists of bearing walls and internal devices on both sides of the road. These walls support the intermediate floor and roof. The bracing is provided by domestic OSB. The design has from the outset the choice of prefabrication of the timber frame as pedestals for the walls and roof.
Prefabrication workshop, conducted with manufacturing tools desktop, ensures improved ergonomics of work, greater precision in the cuts and assemblies as well as better treatment of airtightness .
Impasse des chênes – 30360 Martignargues - 0675529658http://www.jolieterre.fr/
Finishing work / paints, mural, wallcoverings
The company Jolie Terre implemented on our building a mix of design, made of earth extracted from a quarry near Uzes, a hundred kilometers from the site.
Its composition: sand, clay and plant fibers (mostly straw) was designed to meet the needs of sustainable protection of straw and implementation ease. Hygrothermal characteristics of the mixture make it an excellent ally of building straw
- indoors, it brings the inertia that could default do otherwise
- outdoor, good permeability to the diffusion of water vapor facilitates breathing wall and prevents condensation in the straw bale
The process used is the projection that makes the efficient implementation time and labor. A total of 36 tons of this mixture have been disposed on the building. As the external and domestic final report is quite satisfactory for the occupants.
Construction and exploitation costs
- 1 106 000 €
- 172 000 €
Indoor Air quality
- 31,50 KgCO2/m2/an
- 26,00 KgCO2 /m2
- 50,00 année(s)
- 1 775,00 KgCO2 /m2
Life Cycle Analysis
- 950 066,00 kWhEP
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)Le bâtiment Izuba a été conçu selon une approche transversale intégrant la performance énergétique, le confort et la performance environnementale, qui permettrait de concourir dans les catégories "Energie et climats tempérés" et "Bas Carbone".
Nous choisissons la catégorie Bas Carbone pour mettre en avant les solutions constructives retenues : l'ossature bois, l'isolation paille et les enduits terre. Ces solutions ont permis de répondre avec pertinence à l'ensemble des exigences de conception du projet.