Former Lapaire School of Sancoins
- Building Type : Collective housing > 50m
- Construction Year :
- Delivery year : 2021
- Address 1 - street : place de la libération 18600 SANCOINS, France
- Climate zone : [Cfb] Marine Mild Winter, warm summer, no dry season.
- Net Floor Area : 793 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 2 100 000 €
- Number of Dwelling : 13 Dwelling
- Cost/m2 : 2648.17 €/m2
Primary energy need
(Calculation method : RT 2012 )
Origin and description of the project
The Mayor of the town wonders about the destruction of the old school, disused for 10 years in the center of the town, but he wishes to see this building upgraded, the benches and courtyard of which many inhabitants have known. How to restore a public character while developing a private program of 13 social housing?
Foncière Chênelet will offer a program with high added value with a common room intended for the inhabitants of the site and having several functionalities. The entire plot is open, with no gate or control device. A careful deconstruction of certain elements allows the reuse on site of stones, slates and bricks. All the companies selected are from the territory, and of relatively modest size, making it possible to specify on site the desire to reuse materials in situ.
Long closed, the site is an opportunity to open to the public and restore access to the courtyard. The construction site was the subject of a photo exhibition.
The materials are biosourced:
- Uprights of wooden linings and partitions
- Wood wool or cellulose wadding insulation
- Fermacell in coating
- The floor screeds are dry, made of wood fibre, Fermacell balls and Fermacell plates
- Wooden joinery with triple glazing is implemented, they are equipped with external blinds
In consultation with the Architect des Bâtiments de France and in accordance with the close environment and the original building, the materials of the different facades are distinguished: scratched coating on the street, stones seen on the courtyard, joinery details taking up the principle in existing cross.
The airtightness is neat, with a performance superior to that of a new building, a double flow ventilation minimizes losses.
Insulation and plastering were the subject of recruitment of workers in integration, for a total of approximately 6,500 hours.
- Exterior lining: wooden frame separated from the existing wall (stone about 40 cm) + 16 cm wood fiber + vapor barrier + Fermacell 13 mm
- New partitions: wooden frame except in the case of sliding doors
- Wood wool insulation, blown-in cellulose wadding
- Acoustic suspended ceiling on the underside: Fermacell 2x10 mm fire resistant + wood wool 40 mm minimum + plenum 40 cm minimum
- Dry screed: Fermacell balls + wood fiber for occasional recovery of large thicknesses + 10 mm wood fiber in all cases + Fermacell plate
- Polystyrene 11 cm + concrete screed + floor covering
- Attic insulation. The roof is entirely covered in natural slates (+ under-roof screen + battens) but not insulated. The attic serves as a technical room.
See more details about this projecthttps://www.envirobatcentre.com/fiche-projet/ancienne-ecole-lapaire-de-sancoins
BOISIA HABITAT (18)
Carpentry – Joinery – Plasterwork.
- 62,00 kWhep/m2.an
The operation was not audited prior to the works.
- Wood boiler
- Wood boiler
- No cooling system
- Double flow heat exchanger
- No renewable energy systems
Wood fiber panels are made from by-products of the wood industry, mainly softwood waste.
After thermomechanical defibration of the shavings, the “wood wool” is transformed into paste by adding water.
This is then cast and rolled, and after heat treatment, a mixture is obtained which naturally agglomerates to obtain panels of various densities, profiles and thicknesses.
Beyond its ecological properties, these panels demonstrate excellent sound absorption.
Construction and exploitation costs
- 2 100 000 €
Reuse : same function or different function
- Structural works
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
- Mise en oeuvre de matériaux biosourcés et locaux
- Une chaufferie bois assure la production de chaleur pour le chauffage et l’eau chaude sanitaire de tout le site
- Réhabilitation d'une ancienne école désaffectée et transformation en logements sociaux
- Mobilisation de PME locales
- Réutilisation de matériaux du site