The Brock Environmental Center is certified to the Living Building Challenge (LBC) and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum. The center is designed to be energy positive and zero water, and resilient to the (...)
In March 2014, Tecto Arhitectura was appointed to design the new office building for HSR factory in Reci, Covasna, as the first large scale project with CLT structure in south-east Europe. The main challenge was to create an office (...)
The building is located in a neighborhood of San José, Costa Rica, whose buildings date back to the second half of the 20th century.The vast majority of them are houses, but some of them have been transformed into shops and offices (...)
- The target energy performance for the project is the passive standard at a minimum, with the aim of reaching a zero-energy performance. The energy approach is the energetica trias :
1. use fossil fuels effectively
2. use renewable sources
3. reduce the energy demand
- Sustainable approach integrated into the project: materials, water management, integration into the environment, comfort, ...
- The intention is to maximize a renewal of biotopes in exploitable areas (currently presence of vegetable gardens on the site):
1. presence of extensive green flat roofs (374m²)
2. the maintenance of a maximum of gardens in the ground (426m²)
3. the preservation of mineral zones in permeable zones (103m²)
- In terms of reproducibility , the project is technically applicable to other similar buildings (office buildings or administrative buildings) in the Brussels context given the destination of the building.
- The cost is based on a quantification of capital gains and losses related to the technical choices specifically made in the project (passive envelope, adiabatic cooling, low-energy lighting ...) compared to a building designed to simply respect the PEB regulations currently in force.