Baptized "UAE's first sustainable autonomous house", this new office building in Dubai, was realized in 2016 as a pioneering “pilot project” for MBRSC, a governmental research body. It is the first one to obtain the certification (...)
The nearly zero energy building (NZEB) at the China Academy of Building Research (CABR) adhered to the design principle of "passive building, proactive optimization, economic and pragmatic". An ambitious annual energy consumption (...)
VELUX Langfang Office is the headquarters of VELUX China. Located in the Hebei province, around 45 kilometers from Beijing, the building houses management, marketing and the technical department and sales division.The two-storey build (...)
- The target energy performance for the project is the passive standard at a minimum, with the aim of reaching a zero-energy performance. The energy approach is the energetica trias :
1. use fossil fuels effectively
2. use renewable sources
3. reduce the energy demand
- Sustainable approach integrated into the project: materials, water management, integration into the environment, comfort, ...
- The intention is to maximize a renewal of biotopes in exploitable areas (currently presence of vegetable gardens on the site):
1. presence of extensive green flat roofs (374m²)
2. the maintenance of a maximum of gardens in the ground (426m²)
3. the preservation of mineral zones in permeable zones (103m²)
- In terms of reproducibility , the project is technically applicable to other similar buildings (office buildings or administrative buildings) in the Brussels context given the destination of the building.
- The cost is based on a quantification of capital gains and losses related to the technical choices specifically made in the project (passive envelope, adiabatic cooling, low-energy lighting ...) compared to a building designed to simply respect the PEB regulations currently in force.