Turning your Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan into a Strategic Investment Plan [report]
On 9th of October, in the framework of the EU Week of Regions and Cities, the H2020 PROSPECT project and the Covenant of Mayors Office jointly organised an event with the support of the Caisse des Dépots et Consignations.
The interactive event started with a panel discussion between three cities: Paris (FR), Leuven (BE) and Litomerice (CZ) and two financing institutions Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (FR) and the European Investment Bank.
The cities discussed the following challenges:
- How to translate a city action plan into a strategic investment plan?
- How to prioritise the projects in the investment’s pipeline? How are the priorities decided?
- How to decide which financing sources to use and how to mobilise them?
And the discussion panel was formed by the following experts:
- Cécile Bordier – Paris, FR
- Hubert Briand -Caisse des depots et consignations
- Jaroslav Klusak – Litomerice, CZ
- Andreas Piontek – European Investment Bank
- Katrien Rycken – Leuven, BE
- Elodie Bossio – FEDARENE / H2020PROSPECT
- Jana Cicmanova –Covenant of Mayors Office/ Energy Cities
Afterwards, there was a roundtable with the topic of “Learning from local cases: examples of the investment plans implemented by local/regional authorities”, with the focus of how to prioritize investments, which was a common issue to many participants. This was followed by two “Peer to peer training on innovative financing schemes” sessions that enabled the learning and discussion on the areas of: public buildings, public lighting, private residential buildings, private residential buildings, transport and cross-sectoral.
- Read the full report and the outcomes of the event here.
News published on FEDARENE – energy agencies
Consult the source