The State of Energy Management 2018 Survey: Now Open
As 2017 draws to a close, it’s the perfect moment to take stock of our learnings as building energy management professionals in order to put things in perspective. We find ourselves asking questions like:
- Which of my building energy efficiency projects went well?
- Which ones could have gone better and why?
- How did I perform compared to my peers?
- How does my organisation stack up against the competition?
We know those last two can be a little tricky to discern without a little help.
That’s why for the third year running, DEXMA is proud to launch The State of Energy Management survey.
Read on to discover what we learned last year and why you should participate this year…
The State of Energy Management: Key Learnings from 2017
We learned some pretty interesting stats about the energy management world after surveying over 300 energy professionals last year, including these juicy tidbits:
- 65% of energy professionals felt that their biggest professional challenge in 2017 would be finding new projects and clients.
- 30% of energy experts said that the need to monitor key performance indicators (energy KPIs) is the biggest driver for their clients to choose an energy management platform.
- Only 16% of energy pros surveyed use Twitter as a source for energy news, while 44% are using LinkedIn to stay updated.
- 42% energy professionals feel that the killer combination of unverified energy savings plus a lack of dedicated funds to put toward energy management is the chief reason to lose a project.
5 Reasons to Participate in the State of Energy Management 2018
1. Stay ahead of the competition – Energy management is a competitive market, and it’s always important to know where your competitors stand. What tech tools are they using? What works for them and what doesn’t? Contribute to the survey here to get the lay of the land and keep up with those competitors.
2. Avoid energy tech FOMO – As energy management technology evolves at an increasingly faster rate, it’s especially important to know what tools are available to implement now and which ones you are better off waiting for.
3. Strength in numbers – Energy management can be a lonely job, especially if you are the only one in your organisation responsible for bringing those kilowatt hours down. Contribute to the survey and discover your of strength in numbers by situating yourself amongst your peers (hey, you are not alone in this after all!)
4. For a limited time only – The State of Energy Management survey will be open during the month of January only, so check it off your to-do list early and get your entry in before January 31st, 2018.
5. Win a €100 prize! – To say thanks for participating, we’ll give away Amazon gift cards worth €100 each to two lucky survey participants.
And of course, it goes without saying that we’ll share the detailed results with all survey participants so you can take your energy efficiency projects further, make them go faster for an even more fruitful and efficient 2018.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on the survey here !
Other news in "Research and Development"
Non-residential building renovation is a complex topic involving different actors such as asset managers, building professionals, manufacturers, public administrations and, of course, building occupiers. Speaking a common language (...)
The UN Environment Programme (UN Environment) is supporting the Belgrade public authorities to improve energy efficiency of buildings and associated energy systems, as part of its role in the Building Efficiency Accelerator (BEA) and (...)
A Proposal for Defining nearly Zero Energy Building (nZEB) Requirements For Renovation Of Single-Family Houses In Poland
It is estimated that more than 70% of the detached single-family houses in Poland (3.6 million) have no, or inadequate, thermal insulation. Heating technology is outdated and the most frequently used fuel is coal, burned in old coal (...)