The Future Envelope 12 - Conference on Building Envelopes
New design tool and approaches, and innovative construction methods are enabling architects and engineers to conceive and develop increasingly complex and daring building envelopes. This process is rapidly reshaping our built environment, and transforming the concept of building envelope itself, which is no longer a passive and static element that only separates the indoor environment from the outdoor world. In this fast changing context, one of the major issues is the evaluation of the performances of such complex façade systems. The different functions of a complex building envelope have their respective requirements, and hence designers have to analyze and ensure the performances of overall faced system.
The aim of “Facade performances” is therefore to provide insights into the performances of these innovative building envelopes considering on four thematic areas, namely architecture, energy, comfort, and economics and management. Hence, the focus will be on the shape of the new envelopes, on their implications on the overall building energy consumption, on the comfort experienced by the occupants of these buildings, and on the financial performances and the new business models that are part of these innovative solutions. For each topic, three leading experts will be invited from research and academia, design firms, and construction companies respectively to share a wide range of experiences, ideas, and visions.
The conference organization is led by IDM South Tyrol & EURAC Research, supported by Free University of Bolzano, University of Innsbruck, and Politecnico of Milano as scientific partners, and in cooperation with the European Façade Network (EFN). This event is funded by the ITA-AUT Interreg project FACEcamp being the project final conference.
Sessions and Speakers
20th May 2019: Sessions (1) and (2) - 21st May 2019: Sessions (3) and (4)
Moderator 1: Angelo Lucchini, Politecnico of Milano (IT)
- Jan Cremers, Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart (DE)
- Chiara Pozzuoli, RWDI, London (UK)
- Harald Spitaler, Stahlbau Pichler, Bolzano (IT)
Moderator 2: Andrea Gasparella, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (IT)
- Sabine Hoffmann, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern (DE)
- Darren Woolf, Hoare Lea, London (UK)
- Wilfried Pohl, Bartenbach GmbH, Aldrans (AT)
Moderator 3: Rainer Pfluger, Universität Innsbruck (AT)
- Christina Hopfe, Loughborough University (UK)
- Michael Grobbauer, Fachhochschule Salzburg (AT)
- Daniel Arztmann, Schüco International KG, Bielefeld (DE)
4. Economy and Management
Moderator 4: Roberto Lollini, Eurac Research, Bolzano (IT)
- Paolo Rosato, University of Trieste (IT)
- Paolo Rigone, UNICMI, Milano (IT)
- Michael Reifer, Frener & Reifer, Brixen (IT)
- Carlo Battisti, IDM South Tyrol, Bolzano (IT) email@example.com
- Francesco Babich, Eurac Research, Bolzano (IT) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enrico Sergio Mazzucchelli, Politecnico di Milano (IT) email@example.com
- Andrea Gasparella, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (IT)
- Roberto Lollini, Eurac Research, Bolzano (IT)
- Angelo Lucchini, Enrico Mazzucchelli, Politecnico di Milano (IT)
- Rainer Pfluger, Universität Innsbruck (AT)
Participation is free of charge but places are limited. Registration here.
- Event website URL:
News published on Build Up Events
Consult the source
Other news in "Agenda"
How can we choose the building performance simulation software that helps its users make the best decisions? This presentation explores the psychology of simulation users interacting with two similar simulation tools and tracks the (...)
The World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) is delighted to announce its World Green Building Week 2018 campaign has been shortlisted for the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2019.The #HomeGreenHome campaign which reached an estimated (...)
ECOS 2019 - 32nd International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems
ECOS conference aims at disseminating advanced scientific and engineering knowledge on energy conversion and efficiency The overall objective of the conference is to introduce scholars of the subject, policy makers, and intereste (...)