MIPIM / WBEF Sustainability Forum - Resilient & liveable cities, a RICS conference
Urbanisation is at a turning point as technology opens new possibilities, growing populations need sustainable and resilient communities in which to thrive, and world leaders set ambitious climate goals. These driving forces create opportunities for the built environment professions to respond with innovative approaches to delivering the cities of the future.
Decarbonising this sector means switching to renewable energy sources, improving building design and investing in resilient infrastructure. It means being more efficient in heating, cooling, ventilation, appliances and equipment. It means using nature-based solutions and approaches that look at buildings within their city ecosystems.
Looking at current initiatives and key insight, this session will discuss opportunities and examine the role of the building and construction sector in achieving Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs) and how cities can be more sustainable and resilient to climate change.
- Representative from the West Midlands Combined Authority
- Zsolt Toth, Senior Project Manager at Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE)
- Tina Paillet FRICS, Head of Projects and Technology, Generali Real Estate Europe
- Laura Echevarria MRICS, Head of Occupier Project Management, CBRE, Spain;
- Frank Hovorka MRICS, Directeur technique et innovation, Fédération des Promoteurs Immobiliers, France
Introduction by keynote speaker: Sean Tompkins, CEO, RICS (5min)
Moderator: Cédric Borel, Director at IFPEB, Institut Français pour la Performance du Bâtiment (IFPEB)
An event co-organised by RICS
Construction21 is pround to be a partner of this conference.