Sustainable Investment Insights: TCFD - 1 Year On
What is the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and why is it important?
Set up by the Financial Stability Board (FSB), the TCFD seeks to develop recommendations for voluntary climate-related financial disclosures that are consistent, comparable, reliable, clear, and efficient, and provide decision-useful information to lenders, insurers, and investors.
- Better access to data will enhance how climate-related risks are assessed, priced, and managed.
- Companies can more effectively measure and evaluate their own risks and those of their suppliers and competitors.
- Investors will make better informed decisions on where and how they want to allocate their capital.
- Lenders, insurers and underwriters will be better able to evaluate their risks and exposures over the short, medium, and long-term.
- The TCFD represents an opportunity to bring climate-related financial reporting to a mainstream audience.
Core Elements of Recommended Climate-Related Financial Disclosures
- Governance: The organisation’s governance around climate-related risks and opportunities.
- Strategy: The actual and potential impacts of climate-related risks and opportunities on the organisation’s businesses, strategy, and financial planning.
- Risk Management: The processes used by the organisation to identify, assess and manage climate-related risks.
- Metrics and Targets: The metrics and targets used to assess and manage relevant climate-related risks and opportunities.
Discover more with the entire documentation
News published on Climate Action Programme
Consult the source
Other news in "Information"
The 4th edition of the Roger Léron Award was concluded on the 10th October 2018, with the Ceremony at the Palais des Académies in Brussels and the announcement of Andy Bull as winner. Andy Bull spent 30 years in Welsh Local Government (...)
IMPULSE introduces an integrated support system concerning energy upgrading projects for Public Buildings. The Project is coordinated by the Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES) and is implemented in the context of (...)
The engagement of stakeholders during the development process of the iBRoad project is considered of high value since the beginning. Following the stakeholders’ mapping procedure, a process that included the identification, the analys (...)