Roger Leon Award 2022: Celebrating outstanding contributions to energy efficiency
- by FEDARENE - Energy Agencies
- 2022-03-02 10:35:06
Do you know a local/regional pioneer with a vision for his or her territory? Someone who inspired you to work in this field? A woman who has advanced both gender equality and energy efficiency in Europe? Then let their efforts and successes be acknowledged by nominating them to the Roger Léron Award!
Established in 2014 by FEDARENE (European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and the Environment), the Roger Léron Award celebrates outstanding individuals who have significantly contributed to the energy transition at a local or regional level and who have also made a difference at the European level. We believe that innovative actions led at the local/regional level can trigger impact at a wider level, rippling across territories and the continent. The Prize is named in memory of Roger Léron who was one of the founders and former President of FEDARENE as well as a great contributor to the regional and local sustainable energy field throughout his life.
Roger Léron Award nominees will be evaluated by a jury composed of 7 highly skilled experts according to their leadership, impact, creativity and strategic vision, and in light of this year’s thematic focus – Energy Efficiency Leaders. This topic reflects one of the core missions of regions and their local/regional energy agencies, who are key delivery agents of EU’s Energy Efficiency policies and programmes. As the European Green Deal gains momentum with the “Fit for 55” proposed reforms, energy efficiency is emerging as a strategic sector to reach the EU’s 2030 Climate and Energy goals. In this context, this year’s edition will showcase the most groundbreaking and ambitious individuals that have contributed to energy efficiency and beyond. May this inspire you to identify local and regional leaders worthy of being nominated to the 2022 Roger Léron Award.
The 2022 winner will be revealed during a Ceremony organised in Brussels during the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) in September.
Do you know the next Roger Léron Award winner? The nomination process is open from the 1st of March until the 29th of March 2022 and nominations from all sectors will be accepted, provided that rules and criteria are respected. You can find more information on our dedicated Roger Léron Award webpage.
5 reasons to nominate
- To make a difference: by highlighting key personalities of the field, you will give these people visibility for their actions and inspire others to follow their lead.
- To recognise the contribution made by women in energy: although gender balance is far from being achieved in the energy sector, more and more women are invested in the field and it is time for their contributions to be rewarded.
- To strengthen your network: nominating someone is proof of trust between collaborators. This mark of respect will certainly reinforce your ties with the nominee, and more largely with the energy efficiency community.
- To highlight the role of local and regional levels of governance in the energy transition.
- For your nominees: our well-established network will bring them European visibility and considerable recognition.