NEW: Ecological loopback, or the benefits of a DHW loopback without the disadvantages
1. Hot water is made available as fast as or faster than with a conventional DHW circulation.
2. Direct hot water only to the faucet that has requested it.
3. No water wastage, you can enter the shower before opening the tap.
4. No waste of energy, no traffic loop in the walls of other rooms
5. Reduces the risk of legionella bacteria spread by eliminating hot water looping insulation. **
6. No additional cost compared to a DHW loopback.
7. The loop is controlled by the faucet.
• With DHW circulation: 10 to 20 KWh / day, + the gains on Air Conditioning.
During heat waves, the walls are heated with the DHW loop and the room cooled with air conditioning, the height of energy waste.
• Without DHW circulation: 20 to 40 l of water / day (1/3 of the hot water consumption, or 1/6 of the drinking water consumption).
More information www.wesavings.eu
Other news in "Research and Development"
The H2020 project ExcEED and its geo-clustering tool: Mapping and improving the energy efficiency of buildings
The EU-funded project ExcEED publishes a new factsheet on its geoclustering tool, one of the central tool of the project platform. The ExcEED platform provides different tools featuring building performance in operational conditions (...)
Policy paper: how to integrate indoor environmental quality within national long-term renovation strategies
Good IEQ is a cornerstone of ensuring health, comfort, well-being and productivity in buildings, while reducing the building stock’s climate impact is essential to the EU’s commitments under the Paris agreement. The amended Energy (...)
The EU-funded project ExcEED collects data from new and energy efficient buildings (such as energy performance, CO2 emissions, etc.), gathered into a database. Through the data collected, the platform will foster energy awareness and (...)