The Covenant of Mayors is the world’s largest movement for local climate and energy actions. The initiative now gathers 7,000+ local and regional authorities across 57 countries drawing on the strengths of a worldwide multi-stakeholder movement. Signatories endorse a shared vision for 2050: accelerating the decarbonisation of their territories, strengthening their capacity to adapt to unavoidable climate change impacts, and allowing their citizens to access secure, sustainable and affordable energy.
The event presents 30 successful projects in six thematic parallel strands of dedicated interactive workshops featuring:
- Sustainable energy planning
- Financing clean urban transport
- Financing energy efficiency in the public sector
- Home renovation schemes in cities and regions
- Financing climate adaptation
- Innovative financing schemes facilitating the market for climate and sustainable energy finance
Practitioners will provide their concrete experiences in the planning and development of bankable sustainable energy investment and climate adaptation projects with the aim to stimulate and enable replication by other interested project promoters.
The H2020 Energy Efficiency, Smart Cities and Communities and LIFE programmes as well as the European Investment Bank’s ELENA facility and the European Energy Efficiency Fund (eee-f) will showcase successful projects on planning as well as financing sustainable energy and climate adaptation projects.
- Don’t miss this year’s ManagEnergy talk to be held on the 19th of February 2019 at 6:30pm!
- Find out more here
News published on FEDARENE – energy agencies
Consult the source