BauZ! 2021, the 18th Vienna Congress for Sustainable Building, is accompanying the industry’s fresh start in 2021. Subsequent to the Advantage Austria B2B matchmaking event “Future of Building”, on two days, forward-looking solutions and concepts will be presented and discussions with a domestic and international audience will be held..
We are calling for contributions: your contribution can either be the presentation of a construction project or a (completed) piece of research. Digitization, BIM, and prefabrication may play a role in the contribution, yet the main focus should be on one of the following topics :
1. Livable neighborhoods
What is a neighborhood? It is the area that you can cover on foot, in which you will – in the corresponding range of movement – hopefully find a stop of a means of transport running frequently. Such an area is home to several thousands up to several ten thousands of inhabitants and is referred to as a “Grätzl” in Vienna. [...]
- Free space, greenery, a place based on rules, a place rife with possibilities
- Traffic in shared space
- Living and working, ground floors, neighborhood development, temporary use
2. Plus-energy neighborhoods
Climate-conscious neighborhoods are plus-energy neighborhoods. By 2025, the EU intends to have implemented at minimum 100 plus-energy neighborhoods (Positive Energy Districts). [...]
- CO2-neutral neighborhoods
- Energy-flexible neighborhoods
- Business models, tariff models, ownership
3. Low-tech principles and choice of materials for new construction and refurbishment in the neighborhood
Climate-conscious, CO2-neutral and energy-flexible buildings are constructed and operated according to low-tech principles. This means that straightforward solutions are sought after. [...]
- Low-tech principles: architecture, constructions, choice of materials
- Refurbishments involving several buildings: how?
- In operation: low-tech and user comfort. Is my building self-regulating?
COVID 19: We hope to make BauZ! 21 a real-presence event but prepare at the same time for an online event.
News published on Build Up Events
Consult the source