Architecture: Towards a Step Change in Building Performance
In the framework of the European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE) and the Federal Chamber of German Architects (BAK) will organise two public events on Thursday 22 June in Brussels, Belgium, on the theme Architecture: Towards a Step Change in Building Performance:
- PANEL DISCUSSION (EUSEW Policy Conference), from 9h00 to 10h30 at the Résidence Palace
- WORKSHOP (EUSEW Energy Day), from 13h30 to 17h00 at the Architects’ House
In the context of the on-going revision of the EU Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD), the objective is to raise awareness at EU level of the architectural determinants of building performance. In particular, these events will aim to debate and shed light on:
- the role of architecture in creating a step-change in the uptake of energy efficiency measures
- the imperative to consider building performance in a broader and more holistic perspective
- the four pillars of building performance: resource efficiency; indoor environmental quality; occupant satisfaction; value
- the feasibility of requiring systematic feedback on the achieved performance of buildings in operation / the validation of buildings performance in use
- implications for EU energy legislation and financial incentives
Both events are public (upon registration) and free of charge.
Click on the links above for more information and to sign up.
Other news in "Agenda"
The C40 World Mayors Summit in Copenhagen will build a global coalition of leading cities, businesses and citizens that rallies around the radical and ambitious climate action our planet needs. AGENDA SPEAKERS The Summit will show (...)
The fourth and last PROSPECT learning cycle on innovative financing for local energy and climate projects will start this November 2019, following an ongoing 2-step recruitment process of mentors and mentees. The first step, calling (...)
“From Dream to Reality” Leading Smart City projects to Share Results in Brussels at EU Regions Week 2019
On 8 October 2019, from 14:30-17:00, the first three Smart Cities and Communities projects GrowSmarter, Remourban and Triangulum, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, are hosting the session (...)