Extension of the DON BOSCO Institute to Wolluwe Saint Pierre
- by Geoffrey Vermeulen
- 2019-06-24 15:38:27
- 5806 / FR
- Building Type : School, college, university
- Construction Year : 2017
- Delivery year : 2018
- Address 1 - street : avenue du val d'or, 90 1150 WOLLUWE SAINT PIERRE, Belgique
- Climate zone : [Cwb] Mild, dry winter, cool and wet summer.
- Net Floor Area : 3 821 m2
- Construction/refurbishment cost : 6 703 720 €
- Number of Pupil : 684 Pupil
- Cost/m2 : 1754.44 €/m2
Primary energy need :
(Calculation method : )
Owner approach of sustainability
This school, offering varied options in the industrial technical field and in the graphic arts, needed much more space to ensure a comfort worthy of the name to its students.
Since last September, this positive energy building has welcomed electricians, computer scientists and electronics engineers.
This concept, entirely prefabricated and with apparent structural elements, constitutes a real commitment for future generations with its green roofs and its rainwater recovery system.
See Development steps.
insulating wood box
Gros œuvre / Système passif
Prefabricated structure in insulated wood box
Fast system integrating thermal insulation and airtightness. Lets you really "pack" the building and avoid thermal bridges and weak spots for airtightness.
Reasons for participating in the competition(s)
- the heating requirement is maximum 15 kWh / (m².year)
- the cooling requirement is maximum 15 kWh / (m².year)
- the overheating frequency of the building above 25 ° C is maximum 5% of the occupancy time of the building (comfort criterion verified by dynamic thermal simulation)
- The air tightness of the building ensures a leak rate through the envelope of maximum 0.6 air changes per hour at 50 Pa (criterion verified according to report)
- the primary energy consumption is less than or equal to 90 - 2.5 x compactness (expressed in primary KwH / (m².year)
Building candidate in the category
Energie & Climats Tempérés
Santé & Confort
Prix du public
Author of the page
Other case studies
City Residential El Riyadh - Oran
- Omar MEZOUAR
Koranic El Djabiria Tafilelt Tajdit
- Ferial BOUNOUIOUA
Rural house - CNERIB
- Vincent Gilfaut
House Type Ksar Tafillelt
- abderrahmane zidane